Heileen 3 best love interest poll! (yuri)

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm

Who is the best love interest in Heileen 3 ? (GxG)

You may select 1 option

View results

lloyd1191
Young scout

Re: Heileen 3 best love interest poll! (yuri)

Post by lloyd1191 »

Marie
Spoiler:
Okay, the romance with Marie was a little sweet, and the friendship turning out to be more was a nice addition, but I did not liked the fact that she cries easily and has suicidal tendencies.
Lora
Spoiler:
Her romance was very loving and the CG was great. I did not liked that it was short and it seemed that it mostly consisted of her been very insecure because of her age.
Ebele
Spoiler:
I liked her more than Marie and Lora, because she seems to be very kind and loving with Heileen. Even knowing that she was with Robert, I could not help to like it. I did not liked the CG as much as Lora's. Maybe a little kiss or hug would have been better for me.
Juliet
Spoiler:
Her romance seems to be interesting, been mean at the beginning and starts to warm up to you. She also likes to hide her good side, so is kind of cute of her. It had a lot of drama near the end and I like to see strong females with characters like Heileen. Between Lora and Juliet's CG, I think Juliets was the best one in the game.
In the end, I think I'll vote for Juliet.
Mariko
Young scout

Post by Mariko »

lloyd1191 wrote:
Juliet
Spoiler:
Her romance seems to be interesting, been mean at the beginning and starts to warm up to you. She also likes to hide her good side, so is kind of cute of her. It had a lot of drama near the end and I like to see strong females with characters like Heileen. Between Lora and Juliet's CG, I think Juliets was the best one in the game.
In the end, I think I'll vote for Juliet.
I couldn't agree more. In fact looking the poll it's pretty safe to say that Juliet rocks.
Spoiler:
I also like the strong females and Juliet has that whole proven Tsundere quality which is perfectly validated by her need to not show weakness to maintain the respect of the crew she's in charge of. That was a very well written romance.
"umm... They were like this when we found them."--- Dora
vexingaura
Young scout

Post by vexingaura »

I have to say this is the 2nd time I have disagreed with the popular choice the first was with Mesphit on Loren I would beat that man away with a stick to protect poor Elenor.
This time round I am going to have to say while Juliet was not my favourite it was Ebele. I preferred Ebele's ending CG that was an awesome idea and I loved it but Juliet mostly loses because I have been given a tsundere overdose from reading too much manga, watching too much anime and playing too many JRPGs with tsunderes with them that it is hard for me to like a character like that however Juliet is still 2nd for me. Marie was a little too mean but in her defence I feel that Heileen was being a little dense considering all the signs she tried to give her and as for Lora I think the end was too rushed well it felt that way to me anyway.

Thank you for a great game and the finale was great sad to see the characters go though.
suburbantimewaster
Young scout

Post by suburbantimewaster »

I'm not sure who to vote for because I like Juliet's character the best, yet I like Ebele's plot the best, because it
Spoiler:
was about writing a book and I dream of becoming a genuine author someday.
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

Not a vote yet, because i haven't played it. But i wonder; does it matter if you buy the whole serie and you start with the first one and then so on? Like with ME.
Cause as far as i know some chars are there from start, lik lola, marie and ebele. By the way; i don't think it is that weird that the so called aunt Lola is one of the candidates to date. You already see in the first one that lola does care about heileen and has somewhat an eye on her. There is the saying that you have to learn it on an old bicycle.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The name's Lora :)
You can play only the 3rd episode if you want, since there's a summary at the beginning of what happened. However if you do you'll somehow miss some interesting scenes IMHO. But I could be biased so maybe some other user could answer better :mrgreen:
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

Ah yes, Lora i mean. Sorry. Messed it up with an other game. :oops: Ah, so it's actually a bit like mass effect and if you don't purchase the first you miss some lines/scenes.
Ok. Since i'm one that is curious about everything and wanted to know the whole story (and don't like missing things) i guess i have to go for all 3 then.
yeah, probably first one is the less interesting, according to some here then. Although i think it ain't that bad. Played already a bit of the first one.

Little edit: seems like it is actually more that you get a better view on the story. Games seems seperated?
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

Looks like my favorite choice is the last one for the poll. Poor Marie.

I played the series last weekend and from the moment she showed up she was going to be the one I pursued in my play through. I do not have specific reasons why but the scene the first time I played where she
Spoiler:
tossed Heileen into the boat and stayed on the ship really made it all work for me. Especially when it is pointed out that it was the last lifeboat.
The second game I spent all of it wondering if the cast from the first game was going to re unite and I was waiting for it.

Finally I get to the third and to my great joy everyone is back.

Of the four women in the game I had this mentality.

Lora = mom. Yeah not going to be able to get past that part.

Ebele. With Robert. I know the plot has the two grow distant, but that mindset was with me when I started and it stayed.

It is not that I dislike either of the two characters above, I simply feel no real draw to them as I do the two to follow up.

Juliette. Ok have to admit she's a close #2 choice for me. (And some days depending on mood a clear winner.) Her whole no nonsense attitude and direct nature are two traits I really am drawn to among others she has in high supply. However she's a bit more blood thirsty than I am comfortable with. (Remember she wants Morgan to go back to raiding, which means blood and guts maiming and killing.)

Marie. As mentioned above I liked her from scene 1 of game 1 and that didn't change. I will admit the hurting oneself for attention, or out of despair thing really does bother me and would be something of a warning flag in a real life scenario. However I am going to overthink it and write a poorly typed defense for some of those things. Game 1 pretty much establishes that
Spoiler:
she's gay or at least bi-sexual with all of identity issues that come with that nature. I mean each time I have played Heileen 1 Marie is who was her first kiss. Fast forward to the end of the game. The storm comes up. The ship sinks. Marie tosses best friend/ probable beloved into the last life boat fully expecting it to be her last act before drowning.
I am not sure how much time passes between 1 and 3, but it is safe to say that somehow she survived and ended up in the set of isles that game 3 takes place. Now she ends up pretty well stranded and penniless in an unknown and fairly hostile land. (Pirates remember.) Somehow she manages to find a way to make a living. She's already been run through an emotional roller coaster. Then to top it all off Heileen shows back up and the third game's plot happens with plenty of other things to keep the stress up. Even the strongest person will eventually be worn down by too much of an assault on his or her emotions.

When I think of the two characters I was drawn to the most both of them have a hidden emotional depth or strength that takes time and patience to discover. Juliette's assertiveness makes her strength of personality obvious and one has to dig to find the softer parts of her armor. Marie requires playing the first game and a bit of reading between the lines of the things she does to see her strength of character.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha nice to see someone appreciating the poor Marie at last! :)
wolfmare
Young scout

Post by wolfmare »

I finished this game long time ago,but somehow I revisited it today,and Marie is still my favorite.
Funny thing is that the reason why I like her is probably the same why she's disliked.A super demanding,clingy yet envious bff who's been secretly admiring the protagonist for so many years?And her slow,awkward and emotional(or even suicidal)part just makes it even harder to say no to her.When Heileen thought(if choose to) she "couldn't just avoid and ignore her in this sorry state" it touched my soft spot too.
Yeah,in real life Marie may be a very serious trouble,but fuck real life :evil:
Last edited by wolfmare on Tue May 23, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.