Heileen 3 best love interest poll! (yuri)

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm

Who is the best love interest in Heileen 3 ? (GxG)

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Heileen 3 best love interest poll! (yuri)

Post by jack1974 »

Madance wrote:I still think Magdalene should be at least mentioned, but that's ok, in my headcanon she died in that war(she does speak about a violent war in the second game, during Heileen's dream, so why not? XD) and Heileen still don't know about it, but that's is the reason why she dreamed of her. XDD
Yes, that could be a good reason. Or maybe she is still in a small village in Bavaria hoping for Heileen to come back from the New World... (sad ending).
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

Just played through with Ebele... need to play the others to truly compare, but Ebele and Juliet (as before) look like they'll probably be my favorites.

Also, is it just me, but... why is Marie so angry all the time? Can anyone explain? :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Even in the first game her personality is quite fragile, and after everything happened (shipwreck, being separated, etc). There are other reasons of course, one of them is that she has a sort of love/hate relationship for Heileen (she is envy of her but at same time she loves her).
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I just played through all of them and Juliet was a fave followed by Ebele, Marie and then Lora :)

Juliet
Spoiler:
I found her romance quite sweet and the denial was heartfelt until Heileen was in trouble and... Ahem.
Ebele
Spoiler:
She has always been my fave characters and I was one of the people who first brought the idea of making her and romance... and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the slow break up with Robert but the strong bond that remained and the tender meal. The CG was the only thing I wasn't completely sold on. Having them hugging on the bed or just holding hands in the candlelight. The grape eating was not a romantic as the picture in my head but still good all the same.
Marie
Spoiler:
She is a fragile bomb and her eventual breakdown was captured beautifully in the CG (and the writing) but I was disappointed that Heileen didn't thrown that cake right in Marie's face :lol:
Lora
Spoiler:
It was done wonderfully but this romance always weirded me out to be honest. The fact she was with Otto didn't bother me it was the fact she had brought her up. But oh well whatever floats your boat. I will say the romance (step mum/aunt thing aside) was sweet, one thing that made me laugh was the end story "Otto wasn't happy" LOL well... Duh!!
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

I've still only played Ebele and Juliet, and of the two, I liked Ebele's better. (Juliet was still sweet, but Ebele made me go 'awwww')

I played a good portion of the Marie and Lora paths, but they didn't quite do it for me; Lora was too much like family, and Marie was... Marie. Not my type at all.

I think Juliet's had the better CG, but Ebele's was nice too; sort of sweet and understated, much like Ebele herself.
adelrex
Young scout

Post by adelrex »

Juliet was my favourite one in general. I'm not going to lie I didn't like the game that much. But I really liked Juliet. The other female romances hardly had any build-up. I like Lora as a character but her path just weirded me out. Not because of the mother-daughter relationship they had. The Otto issue was simply hand waved. That's just a big no for me.

This isn't really about the romances but I might as well say it .I can't help but think that this game was a step backwards. I liked the second game. It was innovative with the card system. It had some sort of mystery going on about Heileen's parents and you had a certain goal. The different endings were fun. Ebele and Robert were both well developed characters their interactions with each other and Heileen felt natural. Heileen 3 has none of these.
Just my thoughts. It's not like I hated the game or anything.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No problems about the critiques! To be fair Heileen 2 is a game very different from the other two, is more serious, a different kind of theme/setting. I am not going to lie too: the second didn't really sell well, so for this one I had to go back to light-comedy and more romance / less mystery. From my experience, like in books/movies, sadly quite often authors aren't really free to tell the stories they want but need to adapt to what sells :oops:
Mimi_melody
Young scout

Post by Mimi_melody »

Hm...I find Heileen 2 interesting though. The voice is quite good, and the gameplay is...special. Yes it's a bit too serious for my taste but I like the idea. :) Lol...how can you be so creative with that many good games? :) For GxG voting, I think Ebele the first, next is Juliet (not that Ebele is great or anything, it's just the stuff between Juliet and Morgan made me put her 2nd place :|...omg...my Morgan.... :oops: ) Lora is like family to me, so not really :mrgreen: And yes, Marie is a little cranky...ugh no, I mean a lot. :(
There are more scenes and a longer story here so I really like it ^-^
banana2013
Young scout

Post by banana2013 »

My ranking would be: Juliet > Ebele >>Marie>Lora

I really liked the progress of Heileen's and Juliet's relationship. The way both started to learn more about each other, the brief kindness from Juliet and the fantastic ending itself. I felt it was all natural and genuinely interesting to read through. It helps that Juliet is one of my favourite characters with her complicated, harsh and interesting personality.

Ebele is a close second here. I found their interactions sweet and endearing. Ebele is such a gentle character and the type that is hard to dislike (unless you count the "perfect" character aspect). I was saddened by her breakup with Robert but since it was done in a believable way it didn't dampen my enjoyment for this yuri pair.

Marie comes in next. I loved their strong friendship here but as a romantical pair I'm pretty neutral. Their ending scene was quite touching.

Lora comes in last. I enjoyed their interactions more as a "morther/daughter" type of interaction than the romantic kind. The romantic side didn't have much build up and while it didn't weird me out it was still quite disappointing. I also disliked how the possible conflict with Otto was brushed aside. It would have been better if it was brought up in the game (like Robert's and Ebele's relationship) rather than just seeing it in the epilogue.
hanawa
Young scout

Post by hanawa »

Oooh, I loved Juliet! I kind of made the decision to have Heileen go after her as soon as I possibly could anyway (i.e. when the expansion was released), so there was probably a bias there. I was very excited for it and wound up quite pleased by it. I think I just have something for assertive older tsundere-ish women who kind of melt when you continue to show concern for them anyway. :p

And as for both she and Morgan being popular, I think it was piratey seduction as well. :lol: Though to be serious, I liked Jonathan, but as well as moments of suaveness I particularly liked how Morgan continually showed concern for Heileen and treated her equally/talked to her with seriousness. In general I thought Juliet and Morgan in particular had strong personalities you can romanticize(???), and I was very much endeared by their character and routes.