Heileen 3 release history

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm
Sauzer
Young scout

Re: Heileen 3 release history

Post by Sauzer »

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit on a laptop. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that the "Dancer" profession dissapeared from the "Gallery" when I loaded my previous saved game that was saved before unlocking it. I unlocked it again and after that started a New game. The Dancer profession is still unlocked in the Gallery, but is annoying to start a new game every time just to unlock another profession on the Gallery.

Another question: I was trying the character relationships (I'm waiting for "Sea Maidens" :)), exactly between Heileen and John, I saw a scene that was forbiden before (the game told me something like "Haileen can't have a romance with John better luck with the other characters"). I loaded a previous game and this time I had 90 from relationship so I was able to read the scene this time. But the curious thing is after reading the texts the game not ended (just continued as usual) and I look in the Gallery and the relationship between Heileen and John was still locked (grey). The relationship was still 90 points also. The game is supossed to end there or there are many "love" scenes with every character? Or maybe I must continue playing until finish the days left?

PC Windows 7 64 bit laptop 1.0b game version
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The variable is set at the end of the profession ending texts, so maybe you didn't read them all? If you just saw the ending profession image and then immediately reloaded then yes it wouldn't be unlocked :) is better if I set the variable before the ending texts then!
As for your other question yes, if you fail a romance the game doesn't end, you can try with another romance or wait until you reach the days deadline. It works differently from my other games but I thought to let the player try with other romances even if he / she failed one!
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

Strange, I think I saw everything about the profession (and after that the game shows the credits and goes back to the main menu). I will uninstall-reinstall the game and start a new game again and see what happens. I will do the same about the relationships between characters and try again to see what happens.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah wait I didn't read carefully the thing about John!! so you mean that you saw the John ending CG and the game continued? or you just saw an extra scene? because for John, you first see a scene
Spoiler:
where he tries to make you jealous with Lora
and then some days later, the final scene with the romance CG. So if the game continues after the romance CG is a bug, otherwise is normal, you went forward in his path but didn't reach the final scene yet :)
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

Spoiler:
Yes I have read the scene where John makes jealous Heileen with Lora. With 90 points of relationship between them, I saw a scene of love inside the ship, but there's no new images showing, just new text (and of course the usual graphics of Heileen's room on board and Heileen and John).
After that I was confused, because the relationship between them was still 90 and there's no was end images or ending at all. Maybe you must add a point (or more) of relationship between then at the end of that scene just to notice the change between them, just a suggestion :)

So it's not the final scene. It's not a bug then. :)
Last edited by Sauzer on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok good though I feared you somehow saw the ending CG of John and the game didn't end. Now that would have been a real mystery! :lol:
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

I reinstalled the game, and fast-played it pressing CTRL. I have unlocked the cook profession ending and after that loaded the previous saved game. The profession is still there in the Gallery, so it seems that works fine now. I don't know what happened with the Dancer profession, but the fact is that everything seems to work properly now.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the code is identical for all the professions, so I think maybe in that special occasion you reloaded before the end of the text, but in the next updated I changed the code, so will remember which profession you unlocked even before the job final texts are displayed to be sure :)
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

Yes probably is that. After all it seems that nobody between Windows users has reported this kind of bug before on Heileen 3. :)
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

I saw the real ending of Heileen with John (good drawing by the way :)). I unlocked some more professions, so the game works. From my humble point of view this is the best game of the Heileen series (great music, the new graphics added are high quality, very long game with a lot of scenes, etc.). Congratulations! :)

I know that the Heileen series are oriented to girls (or that it seems Lol), but anyway is relaxing to play if you are tired of killing monsters on Diablo 3 or the usual games of nowadays (hard to find relaxing and offline videogames nowadays, specially for PC Windows!). Of course to play this one you must play Heileen 1 and 2 before to understand the friends of Heileen and his personalities and this kind of details.

As I have said before, great work on Heileen 3! A good ending to the series :)

Waiting for "Sea Maidens" already :)