Future RPG teasing

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Re: Future RPG teasing

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote:
Franka wrote:I can romance Marrow the crow? :mrgreen:
Haha I was expecting someone to say this :twisted:
BobTheMob wrote:In telling us she's a Dark Elf, we know it takes place in Aravorn, or at least some kind of fantasy world. :mrgreen:
Yes it's set in Aravorn.
Superspoiler: there are at least two more races which weren't in a game main party before. WOOOOOOTHHH THE SUSPENSE!!!!!!!
Hm....I'm guessing either the beastfolk, the lizardfolk, ratfolk (the cute traders from SotW), minotaurs, centaurs, or harpies?
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Such a tease ... but ... I love the art and look forward to learning more about the game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Miakoda wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Marrow's favorite activity is plucking eyes out of the dead bodies of their enemies :mrgreen:
Drink deep and remember the last thoughts of the dead, and share them with Zillah?
Could be an interesting skill! I was making her hunter/beastmaster class, but I could come up with some original class. Sort of "hybrid" in MMORPG (battle-mages).
Palmettogamer14 wrote:Hm....I'm guessing either the beastfolk, the lizardfolk, ratfolk (the cute traders from SotW), minotaurs, centaurs, or harpies?
You got ONE of those right, though won't say which one :twisted:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:
Palmettogamer14 wrote:Hm....I'm guessing either the beastfolk, the lizardfolk, ratfolk (the cute traders from SotW), minotaurs, centaurs, or harpies?
You got ONE of those right, though won't say which one :twisted:
Make it the Ratmen!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I could see them as being super-fast as well as harder to hit due to their small size, awesome spellcasters (as was shown in the training battles w/ them), and having an "passive" (like there were in Loren and SOTW; those abilities that automatically came into play w/o using them in battle directly) ability to gain more/better items and more gold when fights are won! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

But what if it's an EVIL RATMAN....?!?!
FEAR
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Well so far I think some future romance options would include the ratfolk (both male and female), dragons (yeah the big ones!), centaurs, and even orcs. Would be cool to see a female orc for a romancable character.

Plus i would love to play a ratfolk in one of your games. Maybe something similar to Cursed Lands where we pick our main character's race, although that does take away having romance scenes where we see the different romance options with each possible race we could pick from. Since that would cost a good bit of money to get the pics done.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes unfortunately it's one of the two - if people want more playable races, the only option is to not show the main character in the romance CG. After playtesting Cursed Lands I think it's not bad actually, seeing everything "in first person" helps with the immersion IMHO. We'll see what people think, but personally I like it :)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

jack1974 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 pm Yes unfortunately it's one of the two - if people want more playable races, the only option is to not show the main character in the romance CG. After playtesting Cursed Lands I think it's not bad actually, seeing everything "in first person" helps with the immersion IMHO. We'll see what people think, but personally I like it :)
I like both methods but whichever you think is good works for me (although it really depends on the game and story). For example, the Thieves of Dingirra has the main character be either an elf or human, male or female, but I like to see the main character with the romance option characters during the romance scenes, since the main character's name is already decided for us (I think). However, with Cursed Lands, I like the first person view as it adds immersion to the game since we are pretty much designing our character (to a certain extent that is).

Another game idea is to have a game set during the Old War when Fost was first defeated and maybe some games set between Amber's Magic Shop and Spirited Heart. What those events would be would be up to you but maybe one event is where a group of ratmen decide to expand their trade network, and you decide how to do it thus making you play a ratman (or ratwoman). It would be similar to Amber's Magic Shop to a certain extent.

There are a lot of areas in Aravon's timeline that would make a perfect place to have a game set in.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

A sort of strategy/sim/trading game with ratmen merchants would be fun indeed :) It's a good idea but of course, with all the games in the queue, won't be something that I could get to work even in 4 years :lol:
I noticed though that if I write some scenes myself and then ask the writers to edit/improve them, things are much faster (since they don't need to come up with ideas, just tweak what I wrote). Using this system I think should be able to finish the future games faster but still with a good quality.
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

jack1974 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:35 pm A sort of strategy/sim/trading game with ratmen merchants would be fun indeed :) It's a good idea but of course, with all the games in the queue, won't be something that I could get to work even in 4 years :lol:
I noticed though that if I write some scenes myself and then ask the writers to edit/improve them, things are much faster (since they don't need to come up with ideas, just tweak what I wrote). Using this system I think should be able to finish the future games faster but still with a good quality.
I understand. I'm just tossing out ideas is all. But yeah that seems to be a good strategy to make the writing go faster. Which in turn means you'll be able to release a lot more games. Just don't get burned out though.