A new race appears

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Re: A new race appears

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Okay.

:(

Hopefully it won't be long though. :)

Although I'm curious now to know if our actions will affect the rest of the game. Also I hope we see Rowinda again! Maybe players can get rid of slavery in Diigara at last! Also I remember seeing one of the heads of the four families on patreon but do we have any info on the other three?

Still I'm anxious to see what comes up for this game!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Depends on other games as always :)
The other head of the families will be present in the game as well! I'll ask the writer to make introductions for all the major characters like she did for Amber. But of course after the story is done.
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

I see. So what comes first: the story or the characters?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uhm what you mean?
Usually the writer finishes all the story first. Then I ask him/her to do the various "character introductions" to post in the blog, so people get to know the various characters better. In some cases though, writer do the characters first, like Miakoda did with Love Bites. It's not a strict rule :)
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

I think Palmettogamer14 means when it comes to writing the stories. For Winter Wolves, at least, it depends on the game. So far the games I've written for have had characters done before I write but in the future that might not always be the case. Often the characters are only drawn, though, and might not even have names. For example, the characters in this thread didn't have names or even concepts so I've come up with everything for them bar their outfits (Although I did design their underwear).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The underwear and the "hammam outfit" too :wink:

Back to the question, as Forsaken said, depends. Sometimes it's also something put together at same time, like with Loren, beside the basic plot outline I had already decided some main cast characters: Loren, Karen, the player, and Apolimesho. Sometimes new characters gets added along the road, or their personality changed a lot.
Rowinda from SOTW for example was just supposed to pretend to be mad. Then, after reading how fun it was, I told the writer to keep her crazy for real!!! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

this nice lady will try to kill you in this game :o :mrgreen: :twisted:
One of four boss enemies. She looks tough!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

What is this sensible armor thing? Give me a chain mail bikini and a day at the beach. j/k
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, quite different from the usual :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:Image
this nice lady will try to kill you in this game :o :mrgreen: :twisted:
One of four boss enemies. She looks tough!
Waaa! she's not romanceable! And she's a hottie too! :oops: