A new race appears

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Madance
Druid

Re: A new race appears

Post by Madance »

Well, I noticed that the mother were slight different, but I thought it still was the same artist! ^___^ Whoever it was, I loved it.
The artist of Queen of Thieves was wonderful as well, like you said, different styles, but if I had to point the best artists for future games they would be the ones that worked in those games:
Queen of Thieves
Undead Lily
The unknow artist that made the Lynn's mother xD I haven't saw more works of they, but I think based on what I saw, they would be the best to suceed the one used in Loren's games.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Madance wrote:The unknow artist that made the Lynn's mother xD I haven't saw more works of they
I'm pretty sure they had been behind the Elf noble that gives Amber a hard time about her being a Dark Elf. Don't quote me on that, though.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That artist is the same who did the fanart image that Miakoda posted here: http://winterwolves.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4006
Her nick on DA is "Lindaroze". She's already working on a new GxB and GxG game for me :) However I think she does girls MUCH better than men. But of course that is fine for yuri games.
QoT artist is very good but very busy, doing QoT art took him over 1 YEAR. He is already working for me to do the CGs of the Dingirra game, but don't know if they'll be ready this year. I plan to keep using him since indeed he's very good, but need to be careful because of the long time he needs :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:QoT artist is very good but very busy, doing QoT art took him over 1 YEAR. He is already working for me to do the CGs of the Dingirra game, but don't know if they'll be ready this year.
W/ all due respect to him (and I do respect him immensely as an artist) w/ Chalassa and any other characters returning from SOTW he won't be re-doing them, will he?

It's nothing against him; I just had grown accustomed to the original sprites and don't want them to change. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No because the Dingirra game still features CHARACTERS (not CGs sadly) art from Loren's artist. Before he quit I asked him to draw a ton of new characters for "future use" and it was a good call :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Wow, he must be overwhelmed with commissions(it would not impress me since as I said, he is great!). I'm glad we are going to see another of his works soon!
Lindaroze rocks. Really, she is the best style wise and the one that have similar style to the Loren's original artist. I hope she eventually makes the males characters more to the players liking(but I'm so glad that she makes good female characters ^_^) so everyone gets happy XD

and good thinking wiith the random characters, Jack!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah also he is a teacher at his daily job, so... :)
And yes I had a hint that Loren's artist wouldn't be working for me much longer so in the last months asked him to do a bunch of characters!! :twisted:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote:Yeah also he is a teacher at his daily job, so... :)
And yes I had a hint that Loren's artist wouldn't be working for me much longer so in the last months asked him to do a bunch of characters!! :twisted:
Well, that's understandable. A shame he quite, but at least you got something out of it.

Also, I'm looking forward to both the Dingirra and nomads games. The Dingirra characters, especially the two furry characters look very interesting, as do the nomad characters.

Hopefully, we'll see more awesome characters! What am I saying!? Of course we will!

Lol! I do hope we learn more about the two furries in the Dingirra game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just remembered that I forgot to ask Forsaken to write the characters introductions for the blog posts. That would be a good way to know more about the characters even if the game is still far from being released :)
Winkie22
Young scout

Post by Winkie22 »

Loren's character sprites and CG's had a comic book feel to them the way he did the shading on the characters was done the way they teach comic book artists to draw when they are learning it was what I liked about Loren and I could tell in SOWT that somebody else had colored them same with Amber's CGs I could tell when he hadn't colored it because comic book drawings use lines as shading. if you want to find someone to mimic his style you might try looking up some people in the comic book business. I don't any unfortunately but if your serious about getting someone to mimic his style then you should definitely think about it.