Gods & goddesses

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Re: Gods & goddesses

Post by MrEnvy8 »

Miakoda wrote:Centaurs certainly, Goblins, and I know I've had some thoughts on the Cyclopes.
Oooh, good ones.

I totally call Minotaurs, btw!

Anyhoo, I've updated the wiki with pages for Ekwayla and her church. They're Nathir's goddess and organization, respectively.

I may make other updates later this weekend.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

First, I always like Deities of chance, and Ekwayla definitely looks great.

Heh, the minotaurs are cool :D

And I'm glad Jack1974 liked my idea of the Nightmare:
http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=The_Nightmare

I know I had a few things here and there, and some ideas and whatnot. I hope to get enough time to see if Jack1974 likes a few things...such as the closeness of the goblins, and their wolves, why they sing with one voice...perhaps luring out their moon goddess to light their path on their nightly raids.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool good additions :)
Miakoda wrote: such as the closeness of the goblins, and their wolves, why they sing with one voice...perhaps luring out their moon goddess to light their path on their nightly raids.
Nice. Haha getting raided by goblins seems almost romantic put this way! :mrgreen:
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Post by MrEnvy8 »

jack1974 wrote:Cool good additions :)
Miakoda wrote: such as the closeness of the goblins, and their wolves, why they sing with one voice...perhaps luring out their moon goddess to light their path on their nightly raids.
Nice. Haha getting raided by goblins seems almost romantic put this way! :mrgreen:

For them, I'm sure it is. I'd like to see that fleshed out!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote: Nice. Haha getting raided by goblins seems almost romantic put this way! :mrgreen:
Heh, well, what is a little love without some blood?
MrEnvy8 wrote: For them, I'm sure it is. I'd like to see that fleshed out!
Well, I'll see what I can do over the next few days. I did like what you did with Chzulu for the Lizardmen.

I know I've had ideas about the Cyclopes way back in the past having been a more cultured, civilized race ruling over the area which is now the Orcish Wastes. Due to their power, this made them among the first targets when the Death Knights attacked; and with the demons laying waste to the area, they were brought low, and lost most of their previous knowledge in the scrabble for survival. I can imagine adventurers coming across Cyclopean ruins in the desert, built with the one-eyed monsters in mind. And yeah, I'm thinking of stories in Greek/Roman myth where they might point at a ruin and say the Cyclopes built it. Perhaps there were some powerful magical items as well (once again, borrowing from myth, the Cyclopes forged for the gods).
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Well I made two deities for a pathfinder game but they didn't get chosen but still if you wish to look at them for ideas and inspirations that's okay with me! Here they are too!

http://paizo.com/campaigns/TheGods/recr ... page=3#132

Oh and I'm SCKnightHero1 by the way.
TheDistur6edGuy
Young scout

Post by TheDistur6edGuy »

I was thinking, if you are looking for Orc Gods and Goddesses, you could do a lot more as in what the Egyptians and Persians believed; which was, when one of their GREAT leaders died, he became the patron god, Sort of like;

Tribe A of Orcs, leader... um... "Urhgahz" died in battle, then he would become the patron god, "King of all the Others", until their next leader, let's say, "Orghannon", then he becomes the "King of all the Others", and so on and so forth.
Same with Tribe B, which is why Tribe A and Tribe B fight, because if you vanquish a tribe, their gods become your gods, or, they believe further empower their own gods.

You know, that way the Orcs have a religion, yet, it would still seem barbaric from the outside, yet, once you got to know it, it has a strange poetic nature.

Just an Idea to throw out there, as it would further flesh out the orcs
Drowning deep in my sea of loathing... Broken your servant I kneel... Will you give into me?
:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's a good idea, there are already some god/goddesses that were originally "normal" human/elves/etc, so the same can be done with orcs or other races.
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

So in other words, a lot of the gods and goddesses are actually mortals that simply ascended to godhood?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No, not a lot. Also, for some, their origin is known, for others not.