Merfolks!

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Merfolks!

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no sorry right now there's no game in the works with those :mrgreen: but I want to do a game with merfolks, so I thought in the meanwhile to start coloring them and trying this new colorist which I'll surely use for more images :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Sylrissa wrote:
Madance wrote:*_____________* IS SHE ROMANC-

Ok, I will stop now. XD BUT SERIOUSLY, it's perfect. Can I assume she will be in the DLC? *____*
Hahaha. I made that same joke to him on twitter when he posted the picture, the artist is very talented and the Queen turned out beautifully! (No joke though, I would totally be okay with romance-able merfolk/naga/centaur/insert other things in future games)
Me too! I'm all for different fantasy races in future games. *___* And this colorist is a must, I seldom see this kind of professional work, just imagine a entire game colored by him/her... It would be pure art! :)
EmbricCrowspear
Young scout

Post by EmbricCrowspear »

Maybe it would be a nice idea to play as one of the merfolk. Would be a nice change from the standard games at least.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

EmbricCrowspear wrote:Maybe it would be a nice idea to play as one of the merfolk. Would be a nice change from the standard games at least.
Well, not that this is a promise, you might find this tweet interesting:
https://twitter.com/pcmacgames/status/5 ... 2080200705

For the curious it says:
OK so discovered that there's no copyright on merfolk. Cool, will probably use it in future fantasy games :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I'm planning something. A game with the words "Merfolk Princess" in the name is a sure hit, right? :lol:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Yes, I'm planning something. A game with the words "Merfolk Princess" in the name is a sure hit, right? :lol:
Only if there is a "Under the sea" musical.
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Merfolk, naga, and centaurs are okay with me as well as maybe gnolls, orcs, minotaurs, and lizardmen!

You could also do elemental beings, no not elementals! Well look at the genasi and geniekin races from D&D and Pathfinder to see what I'm talking about. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes elemental beings are interesting too. Though would be hard to romance a fire elemental :mrgreen:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

That's true, but there are the ifrits from Pathfinder that might give you some ideas. They usually have heatless fiery hair that doesn't burn but does make them look cool.
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

jack1974 wrote:Yes elemental beings are interesting too. Though would be hard to romance a fire elemental :mrgreen:
Says you. Some have indeed tried and succeeded. http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=820
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI