The death of your beloved character!

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
JunkGirl_Junko
Young scout

Re: The death of your beloved character!

Post by JunkGirl_Junko »

I just really need to say I'm still bitter about this issue after Mass Effect 3 :cry:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Okay then some will be unhappy to know that the DLC we're planning for SOTW
Spoiler:
uses as canon ending the death of Chalassa :o :o
Though, like Miakoda said, in a fantasy world everything can happen. Raise dead, or some other magic can get back to life dead characters. Not saying that I'm going to use this heavily (rather the opposite!) but that could happen.

Also in Chalassa's specific case,
Spoiler:
after you defeat her, you don't see her body. When players goes to get the others and come back where Chalassa's corpse lies, they only find a small burn on the ground but the body is not there. That in my book is not a standard death and is unsure if she'll be back for more :wink:
Then the whole DLC story had better be about
Spoiler:
finding out what happened to Chalassa and how to bring her back, with a sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet love scene for those who romanced her in the main game.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe, it does involve a travel in a particular "place" but I'm afraid it's not that :mrgreen: I haven't planned any romances with it, though from now until when it's done I might add something. Taleweaver had a good idea for the DLC and is going to do the main story, then we'll see. I want to have a metagame so it's not just about battles. Once again it will be more about the gameplay than the romances. For those you can satisfy your thirst with Amber and Nicole yuri which should really be out early next year (Nicole in particular, Amber might be towards next Summer).
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Franka wrote:Then the whole DLC story had better be about
Spoiler:
finding out what happened to Chalassa and how to bring her back, with a sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet love scene for those who romanced her in the main game.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I COULD actually add a short segment clearing that up, plus add an alternate ending if the player romanced Chalassa - though it would still not be a traditionally happy one. If enough people want something like this...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Taleweaver wrote:f enough people want something like this...
Hehe I think the answer will be YES :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I can certainly respect when a main character is killed off in a meaningful and well written way, such as series like the walking dead and GoT, it can add a lot of value to both the world and the cast of characters involved as the reality is that happily ever afters are extremely rare in this world. But just because I respect and see the value in it, doesn't mean I personally like it, in my line of work I see enough people dealing with hardships or tragedy, that I tend to prefer not having it in my entertainment.

But to each their own and I'm sure the game is going to be incredible, and I really hope it's at least as successful as loren, if not more so. But I'll probably be giving this one a pass. and that isn't easy for me to say as Winterwolves has over the past few years become one of my favorite developers, and kinda my go to dev for Bioware style games with a good amount of romance and action combined.

Edit: After thinking some more, I will wait until it's fully out to read proper impressions before deciding if I will buy it or not.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You can always buy the base game only, do the secret quest to save Chalassa, and then get the happy ending :) the DLC will be mostly focused on gameplay (we're still in early stages anyway, won't be out before next year minimum).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I've talked to Taleweaver and found a good compromise for the plot so that even in the DLC Chalassa is alive and on Althea's side. So all happy endings will be preserved :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Taleweaver wrote:I COULD actually add a short segment clearing that up, plus add an alternate ending if the player romanced Chalassa - though it would still not be a traditionally happy one. If enough people want something like this...
jack1974 wrote:OK I've talked to Taleweaver and found a good compromise for the plot so that even in the DLC Chalassa is alive and on Althea's side. So all happy endings will be preserved :)
That sounds lovely to me. :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Hmm. I'll be curious to see how that plays out in the future. I'll keep my eye out for it.