RPG aligment

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay

which aligment you usually play on in a RPG?

You may select 1 option

View results

DoctorMario911
Young scout

Re: RPG aligment

Post by DoctorMario911 »

Omg my one weakness is now gone..... This expansion i MUST GET. :o
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

Depends on what one would define as 'evil'.
I enjoy being not only a goody-goody.
In fact it really annoys me when don't have chances to react non-friendly.

Examples:
A kitten needs to be saved? Sure I'll help you right now for no reward at all, despite one of my party members who happens to be my characters lover has just kidnapped.
You need help with bandits? SURE! I'll even do it for fr- (HELL NO!)
It's the end of the world - but look there is a nice little shop here and - ARE YOU CRAZY?! No way I'm going to pay that much! *leaves to return later and steal what is needed*

I like having a choice - and see the choice making a difference. Even if might be simply the reactions of my party members.
And I really dislike it if I have a main character that is a naive 'holy' diz, who always believes in the good of people no matter how often betrayed or is shocked when someone turns out evil ....

If I had the choice in Loren, I'd have totally
Spoiler:
pushed in a certain Archmage in as sacrifice, because totally grated on my nerves. After all there was no proof that his words were true. The three possible sacrifices were choosen by him. What's wrong with trying out if it has to be someone 'special' or if simply anyone will do?
Thought granted his aid in getting the elf-human relationships back in order probably isn't too bad... ... Stil... *pushes him* :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I hear that archmage-pushing-into-the-otherworld is becoming the most popular sports in Aravorn after Loren's ending :mrgreen:
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

*protectivley craddles her Draco*
I can't even imagine why that would be the chase. *whistles innocently while sticking out a foot for certain archmage to fall over*

(my friends and I decided that Draco is the 'party's baby' since he seems the most pure - and everone of us knows the golden rule: NO ONE DOES EBIL TO THE BABY!) XD
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

I generally play good. I've actually found that most of the times when I select an 'evil' option, it's because I disagree with the developer about what the proper course of action should be. Or because I'm a bad driver (my only source of Renegade points in ME1 was accidentally running over wildlife with the Mako, which the game thought was intentional).

Honestly, it doesn't happen very much. The Jedi code is pretty weird, though, in my opinion.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I would never play an out and out evil character - in an RPG, that is. (Dungeon Keeper, anyone? :twisted: )
However, I will sometimes choose less than pure good if I rhink my generosity has been abused enough, and anyway: An RPG is about choices. I do this, or that, and the story branches (at least a bit), and I get some opportunities or handicaps, depending. Anyone who wants to follow scripted events while blowing chunks out of people, never think at all and being The Good Guy [tm] despite all: There are enough first person shooters available.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

Define "evil".

Currently my primary target is to kill all cyclops* and it's pervertly satisfying to do this with a disgusted party (I imagine Myrth screaming "That's cruel!" and Amukiki muttering "I'm honorless, I'm honorless"). I'm not really comfortable with a black/white worldview, but it should be possible to play the game in an ambivalent way - and this was nicely done in both PS and Loren.

As a side-note: XP/gold grinding in Loren is way too easy, both city tasks and fixed encounters (like training and the cyclops) should be more restricted, maybe time-dependent like the combat simulator in PS?

*) I don't like people winking at me. And they wink _all the time_. Also most bucks for the bang, I found not better source for gold than three cyclops.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah the good old "cyclops farming" :mrgreen: (farming is a popular term in MMORPG, for those who don't know it)
In SOTW I'm thinking how to do that, currently I have the idea that there's a fixed amount of grinding you can do, using a sort of turn system like in PS. Since there are main key events in the plot, for example from the day that Morran is sick to the next major plot point, there can be 5 days in which the player can grind / do quests. There are random encounter or places you can visit that repeats, but I can stop them from popping up again until a day/turn has passed for example, thus limiting the amount of grinding you are allowed :)
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

In NWN 2 i shifted slightly towards the good option, more neutral good. I'm not of the complete lawfull good option. Probably i should say the grey middle then.
In The Witcher there is no good or evil. There it's just a matter of choosing the lesser evil or not. In act I for example just before the boss battle you have to choose to save abigail, the witch or side with the townspeople led by the reverend. abigail can be considered as the lesser evil, as the deeds the others did are more evil.