future "other games" :D

Other older games including sports simulation, wargames, strategy
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: future "other games" :D

Post by jack1974 »

No, when I have a dead period now, instead of starting new game XY, I'll work on my side project Z, which I'll design from the beginning to be SIMPLE.
The advantage is that there won't be a story so I am not tied to someone else schedule. When I want to work on it, I can, without pressure. Now with the text based games I cannot do anything on my own, since if I write them myself the quality is poor. If I want to change a scene, I need to email the writers, wait for it to be rewritten, and then add to the game. Multiply this task for 8-10 games, and you get a big headache (it's hard just to remember what each story is about ! lol)
It would be totally different if I could code AND write, like many other indies do. I could write a scene, then if the gameplay works better in another way, rewrite it, and so on (sort of what other popular indies do, since they're native English speaker is not a problem for them).

Anyway, I said I'll try. Maybe, it won't work and I'll just go back to the usual routine :) But I'll avoid starting new games until I've finished the ones currently in the work. Except this "gameplay only" game that will work from time to time during dead periods. But anyway I haven't even started it, I have some ideas, but will be really something on the side, the usual games will have the absolute precedence :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So, several months later... 4 games out this year! 8)
I am working on Never Forget Me right now, but I have already several games "in the pipeline". As I said, I don't want to start 1431209 games anymore, because then becomes hard for me to manage everything. I will work on some smaller non-strictly story based games (though they might still have a story) during the "dead periods", or even just to take a break from the routine.

I currently have the following games in the works, each one with some parts at good point, others a bit behind, but I'm optimistic they should be finished in the next 2-3-4 years:
Never Forget Me (well this is almost done)
Amber's Magic Shop
Planet Stronghold 2
Roger Steel
Undead Lily
Love Bites
"Dingirra game"
THE CURSED GAME :wink:
Summer In Trigue
Loren 2, part 1 and part 2
"secret otome game with Deji art" (new entry)
The hospital (psychological horror)
Secret yuri game (on hiatus)
Secret RPG game from Heirs & Graces writer (not yaoi, all genders)

some of them are BIG, like Roger Steel will be 300k words :shock: so they will take a long time to make. Anyway what I mean is that I'll have enough stuff to go on without the need to start new games. I also found a few very reliable people now, so with their help the games shouldn't take too long - still, consider that writing a GOOD and LONG (100k words is long!) story, takes time!

So if I find myself idle (in recent times has been a very rare occurrence, but you never know! :lol:) I'll take the occasion to work on some side-small NON story based games. I really would like to do another card game for example :P
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:So, several months later... 4 games out this year! 8)
I am working on Never Forget Me right now, but I have already several games "in the pipeline". As I said, I don't want to start 1431209 games anymore, because then becomes hard for me to manage everything. I will work on some smaller non-strictly story based games (though they might still have a story) during the "dead periods", or even just to take a break from the routine.

I currently have the following games in the works, each one with some parts at good point, others a bit behind, but I'm optimistic they should be finished in the next 2-3-4 years:
Never Forget Me (well this is almost done)
Amber's Magic Shop
Planet Stronghold 2
Roger Steel
Undead Lily
Love Bites
"Dingirra game"

THE CURSED GAME :wink:

Loren 2, part 1 and part 2
"secret otome game with Deji art" (new entry)
The hospital (psychological horror)

Secret RPG game from Heirs & Graces writer (not yaoi, all genders)
How many free games will ya give me to not mention the name of the "cursed" one, Jack? :P :wink:

Seriously, though: SUPER-HYPED for all the others, esp. Amber & the Dingirra one--but a bit confused: "2-3-4 years"--Thought ya said earlier that Amber would be ready next year... ?:(

(NOT MEANT TO SOUND IMPATIENT or anything like that; simply confused.)

One more thing: the RPG from H&G writer--will that be in Aravorn? I ask since I understand H&G was.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes Amber for sure next year, the others will take more time. The new RPG is still set in Aravorn, but we're in really early stages too.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Just curious but why do you expect the Dingirra game to be out so soon? (Some other post you predicted it'd be released after Amber but before Loren.) Is it mechanically simpler? Less art/writing to do?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Mostly because is being written by Forsaken who wrote both Queen Of Thieves and Amber all this year, after other writers failed to finish for YEARS... so I think at least the writing should be covered :)
However if I said that this would be next after Amber, I was mistaken, since will feature a sim gameplay and I have no clue how long that will take since it's something new for me!
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

jack1974 wrote:So, several months later...
Out of curiosity, do you have news about the second edition of Dead but Alive and the sequel?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No sorry I have no news about that.
I want to make a zombie game too in future though :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Is "Secret yuri game (on hiatus)" a C14 dating Yuri since I see you didn't mention that one or is that some other Yuri game?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah no, its another one.
See, I have so many things going on that I don't even remember them all myself !! :lol: