Planned update

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
User avatar
Elmsdor
Young scout
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: Planned update

Post by Elmsdor » Sat May 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Haha and aye, thanks :)

And whoa, was surprised and delighted to see a new sequel/spin off is in the works. I have always been a huge avid fan of simulations, especially of life/dating, as this is something we can relate, and we always enjoy improving things, be it us or our fun avatars! :P

I'm glad to see you have a huge high aim though, so cheering you on for it! Just keep us noted, via newsletter or even forum posts :lol:

But, this project is going to be a year in the making?

Having options is always a great thing, and even better, when two beautiful beings are involved. Time is no doubt busy for all involved, but still if you can, go for it and hopefully edge out a dream.

Will keep supporting you and hope to hear more news in the work, for our Spirited Dreams :wink:

And I r lurk3r ya- :lol:

Planet Stronghold is still going strong though no?

Cheers.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 14439
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planned update

Post by jack1974 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Elmsdor wrote: The beauty of same gender relationships, is the molding of storyline and character, and that was grandiosely captured in Planet Stronghold. Would you consider that in Spirited Heart? I know I would pay/buy an expansion for more characters, story, for a well working game model, and beautiful art too!
Sorry haha I'm a bit burned and didn't see this :D
You mean adding like an expansion pack to the original with more characters to date only? Yes that could be done. I am not sure though how many people could be interested in this? I would be glad to do it, but if I add only new female romance options I am not sure how many people could be interested. If you can show me there's lot of interests even by other people though, I'll do it 8)

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 14439
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planned update

Post by jack1974 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Elmsdor wrote: Planet Stronghold is still going strong though no?
Yes and if you check in the game related forum there's already an add-on planned. Again I'm tied to the artists workspeed :) if was for me I would have probably already done it! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Elmsdor
Young scout
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: Planned update

Post by Elmsdor » Sat May 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Haha I reckon and that's encouraging ;)

And I can try and drum up or note more interests. Characters are like a good story too. Except, you involve the read into it too. So even more male/female interests might be fun!

Still, just need more to pick up this classic, and yes, addons/expacs, all in the plan :D

Keep it up eh! Both Spirited Dreams and Planet Stronghold.

Cheers.

Carmentis
Young scout
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Planned update

Post by Carmentis » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm

I just had a brainstorm for Spirited Heart's future! It came to me while looking at 'Always Remember Me' and cursing that I don't have enough money for it. :lol: (Probably won't for awhile cause Record of Agarest War Zero comes out for 360/PS3 this month and the first was awsome! HIGHLY recommend it and you should defiantly look into it cause the gameplay/system is awesome. You actually play through 5 generations in the game and you get different marriage candidates for each one and your offspring changes a bit depending on who you do marry.)

Anyway! I was thinking that in combat that it's Super-Deformed/Chibi graphics! The battle system could be like, well prime example is the Dragon Age Legends on facebook type. Something where you have your character(s) on one side and the enemies on the other! I can already picture you can have even small pets to help you! Sorta like the combat in Dragon Fable as well. You can also if maybe implemented close to a guy bring him into combat with you as well.

One thing I want to add though is don't make the endings so tragic!!! :cry: I was going to go for Frebo once but heck if I'm gonna go with a guy who's going to leave me! I think that's what made Dragon Age romances so popular, expecially Alistair and Fenris. Their loyal, adorable and faithful and protective and somewhat jealous which is soooo cute! :lol:

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 14439
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planned update

Post by jack1974 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Well I am making right now an expansion for Spirited Heart, though probably won't interest you since is "yuri" :mrgreen: But I have plans to do a real sequel and indeed the idea of using chibies for the combat is nice :)
Carmentis wrote:One thing I want to add though is don't make the endings so tragic!!! :cry: I was going to go for Frebo once but heck if I'm gonna go with a guy who's going to leave me! I think that's what made Dragon Age romances so popular, expecially Alistair and Fenris. Their loyal, adorable and faithful and protective and somewhat jealous which is soooo cute! :lol:
Haha you're not the only one that told me that, but I don't like to have all "happy endings"... :o I mean like in real life, not every time things works out great no?

Carmentis
Young scout
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Planned update

Post by Carmentis » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:09 pm

jack1974 wrote:Well I am making right now an expansion for Spirited Heart, though probably won't interest you since is "yuri" :mrgreen: But I have plans to do a real sequel and indeed the idea of using chibies for the combat is nice :)
Yeah I read about that, although I do love that game so argh, I dunno! Will yuri be the only thing your going to be adding? I just think it would be awesome for that kind of combat in the sequel.
jack1974 wrote:Haha you're not the only one that told me that, but I don't like to have all "happy endings"... :o I mean like in real life, not every time things works out great no?
Ya but that's the thing! People play games to escape their real life, especially role playing ones and sim ones. They want to make an awesome character. Since that guy breaks my heart in the long run you know for sure I won't go his route.
Spoiler:
Mgorem wasn't to bad because even though we end up dying, we died together. Which made it bittersweet.
None of the characters in say Dragon Age/Mass Effect really do anything like die on ya or cheat on you. Yes, Zevran may have been a flirt and would get it on with anything with two legs but in you pursued a romance with him he truly does come to love you if you read/watch about him.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 14439
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planned update

Post by jack1974 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Carmentis wrote: Yeah I read about that, although I do love that game so argh, I dunno! Will yuri be the only thing your going to be adding? I just think it would be awesome for that kind of combat in the sequel.
Yes, I don't plan to change much else (otherwise would require lot of testing). That is a big addition since is lots of texts, and some very fun/interesting situations. Actually I think the yuri expansion is going to be more interesting than the normal male romances :lol: I can't add combat, but if you have some other minor suggestions I might do them.
For example an user suggested to have also random GOOD events (so far they're all "bad") and that definitely can be added in the game expansion.
Carmentis wrote:Ya but that's the thing! People play games to escape their real life, especially role playing ones and sim ones. They want to make an awesome character. Since that guy breaks my heart in the long run you know for sure I won't go his route.
Yes, that's true. Well, in the sequel I won't have such bad endings, I promise 8)

Moonstruck Muse
Young scout
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Planned update

Post by Moonstruck Muse » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 am

jack1974 wrote:
Carmentis wrote: Yeah I read about that, although I do love that game so argh, I dunno! Will yuri be the only thing your going to be adding? I just think it would be awesome for that kind of combat in the sequel.
Yes, I don't plan to change much else (otherwise would require lot of testing). That is a big addition since is lots of texts, and some very fun/interesting situations. Actually I think the yuri expansion is going to be more interesting than the normal male romances :lol: I can't add combat, but if you have some other minor suggestions I might do them.
For example an user suggested to have also random GOOD events (so far they're all "bad") and that definitely can be added in the game expansion.
Carmentis wrote:Ya but that's the thing! People play games to escape their real life, especially role playing ones and sim ones. They want to make an awesome character. Since that guy breaks my heart in the long run you know for sure I won't go his route.
Yes, that's true. Well, in the sequel I won't have such bad endings, I promise 8)
I'm glad to hear we'll have some happy endings in the sequel. I did like some of the ones in the original (Thofte's made my heart melt!) but I have to admit some sounded more like what you'd get on a "failed" path (like if they didn't have max hearts but didn't get a divorcee or something) than a successful one. Still, I do like the game, sad endings and all.

I think my main suggestion would be, if possible (I have no idea how much work this would involve), have some random dialogue for the job/study stuff, or something to keep it interesting. I don't know about anyone else, but I found even with the dice game those parts were rather boring for me. In your later games the little random dialogues and such to keep it more interesting. Or at least that is a suggestion for the sequel!

By the way, were you able to find a similar artist? Will we get any previews of the new girls at some point? :)

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 14439
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Planned update

Post by jack1974 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 am

Moonstruck Muse wrote:I think my main suggestion would be, if possible (I have no idea how much work this would involve), have some random dialogue for the job/study stuff, or something to keep it interesting. I don't know about anyone else, but I found even with the dice game those parts were rather boring for me. In your later games the little random dialogues and such to keep it more interesting. Or at least that is a suggestion for the sequel!
Heh, that's a problem with those games. I mean in Always Remember Me was possible because the game follows a predefined path, even if made in such a way that you still have freedom. With Spirited Heart would be harder. I think the best solution, and I'm talking about the sequel here, is to have different minigames for each job, or have lots of stuff to do beside the job, so that every day/week you don't just work but can also do several other things. One of them might be combat, or maybe dungeon exploration, or something else. In practice, something more similar to Princess Maker, from which my game is clearly inspired 8)
Moonstruck Muse wrote:By the way, were you able to find a similar artist? Will we get any previews of the new girls at some point? :)
Haha it was a pain, but I think I found a "similar-enough" one. I already sent her all the infos, but so far I didn't get any sketches... I really hope to get something to show soon, also because my writer complained too, saying that is hard to write about a character that you don't have even some reference (and she's right!).

Post Reply