Planned update

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Planned update

Post by jack1974 »

I'm writing this mostly as a sort of self-reminder of what to add/change on the deluxe version of the game:
- reduce randomness of work result
- considerably reduce skills reduction except for special events
- skills become harder to train as they get higher. To raise 10 points from a skill at level 60-70 and up you'll need considerably more effort than to raise it when the skill value is lower
- add a goddess mode where you'll have to get a high value in 3-4 skills to be awarded a special ending
- change the endings based on the race you play, both the marriage ones and the regular job ones
- add a gallery option in main menu so you can replay all the endings you managed to "unlock" in the game
domein
Young scout

Re: Planned update

Post by domein »

Today is the time to put your words in action. I was told so in my dreams by an angel.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

LOL I'm afraid your angel was wrong :D
I'm about to release Bionic Heart, and another game co-produced with a friend developer in next 2 weeks. Already enough to make me have a nerve crisis!
domein
Young scout

Post by domein »

Oh, well, never mind then, i will tell to my dream angel not to bother me again about this for some time.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I just did a 1.0.2 update. Changes:
· you can now choose to create the character instantly,with random starting attributes
· you can now choose to play in Easy Mode. In this mode,your skills will never go down, and the taxes will be much lower. Recommended only fo people that find the normal mode too hard!

Can be downloaded (fullversion only) from the link pointing to my site (not BMT) that you have in your purchase receipt.
domein
Young scout

Post by domein »

nice one! keep that coming ;)
hmm, easy mode... mmm munch munch munch... =)
gino
Young scout

Post by gino »

What about the update? I saw you working on a new game, Planet STronghold. Seems great! But I wanted to know more about this game update... please? :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, right now have to plan a bit. I'm thinking what to do with Heileen 2 game, if do a pre-order without voices or not.
About Spirited Heart, I am really going to do the update shortly, especially since I should start working on the sequel next year... ;)
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

And heya all.

I've been playing with Spirited Heart for a good deal, and I enjoy vividly, how it draws on a fun tangent of both a micro managing life simulation, where you can play to mold a fine character, as well as chase the multiple sub plots, aka character love interests.

It captures the old feeling of Princess Maker way back then, and has remodeled it, with beautiful graphics, extremely easier user interface, and multiple dialogues/expressions.

I was wondering there might be further characters to join this timely classic, such as more interests, perhaps even female interests for our heroine?

The beauty of same gender relationships, is the molding of storyline and character, and that was grandiosely captured in Planet Stronghold. Would you consider that in Spirited Heart? I know I would pay/buy an expansion for more characters, story, for a well working game model, and beautiful art too!

Planet Stronghold and Spirited Heart seems to be the top tier games as such, as they appeal to both the creative/romantic, casual gamers as well the hardcore gamer in many of us. Yes, guys and girls do enjoy these too.

Cheers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Welcome to the forums :)
Spirited Heart is not going to be updated as it is - but I'm working on a sequel/spin-off. I posted some WIP/concept screenshots some time ago in my blog/twitter:
blog/2010/04/a-new-spirited-heart/
blog/2010/06/living-in-a-fantasy-world/
blog/2010/12/friday-cat-moral-decisions-in-rpgs/

but still as of today I don't have anything playable :lol: you know why? because I want this one to be the best game ever :) so I am taking lot of time to work on this one, on parallel with other game projects. But I'll definitely get this done next year, I can tell you this (probably next summer).

I agree about same gender romance, but I have to see if I can convince the artist who did the images of Spirited Heart 2, because they're all done but he is not taking commission anymore. But maybe from now until next summer I'll be able to convince him (he is fine drawing girl-girl, he is just not available at the moment).