problems

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

problems

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

ugh, just downloaded the demo. I want to try this game out. But, I tried to get it to go into full screen after installing it, and my screen is running at 1024 X 600. Now i got a screen error, "error: No video mode large enough for 1024x768

After initialization, but before game start."

so, i uninstalled the demo, deleted the folder, then re-installed the game. Same error. Soo, much as i want to talk about the game, i CAN'T
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: problems

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes sorry. I know about that bug, it's of the engine I used. In few days (the author already published a beta) a new version of the engine will be out that fixes this problem and I should be able to provide a version that works also on those "weird" resolutions :)
Edit: actually I might even upload it tomorrow. You use a PC right?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

demos/SpiritedHeartDemo.zip
it has no installer, sorry :) but at least with this version you should be able to play the game.
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

yep running windows xp, on a laptop. (which is my only pc right now.) My main pc got killed due to a virius. The "recycler" trojan. Just gotta love something which takes control of your internet. Which is why my copies of Supernova and Magic stones are gone, (ugh. ) If you want confirmation stuff, you should have my email. I'm liking the look of spirited heart so far. Now what do i have to do with this file? just unzip it and run it?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you can just unzip and launch Spirited Heart Demo.exe from within the directory.
Sorry about your "loss" :lol: I'm going to resend you the codes for those games by email.
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

thank for the keys. Not sure if supernova 2 (aka supernova galactic wars right?) is a good idea on my laptop. But i think magic stones will work just fine. About Sprited Heart : LOVE IT. Going to have to get a copy soon. The good: i like the three races, and the fact that background actually does something. And the three random encounters during childhood are a very nice bonus, reminds me of elder scrolls: daggerfall. With just the demo i did about oh, five or six characters trying to get a nice combo for a wizard. Went for elven noble and spent a lot of money on concentration and strength lessons. Cant say anything bad about the game so far. I don't think raising the skills to 250 is a good idea. The game to me, feels like it's ment to be a light hearted and fun game. So I'm not intent on taking it too seriously. The only expansions i could see would be another girl to choose from maybe, and some extra backgrounds. You really don't need to add more jobs or skills. (unless Princess could become a hidden goal). I don't think it's too easy. The people who do think it's too easy may want to check out one of the sims games.