Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Haha wow, NO PRESSURE EH!!??? :lol:
Thanks for the support, for sure I won't hurry this game since I want to make it better than the first one. More characters/romance but also more detailed life-sim gameplay.
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

Not pressure- encouragement! :P
XD
And I would be willing to wait till 2015 if needed for this game. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Good because that could be a good release date :lol: I'm joking, but I have no clue really when I'll work on it, but having all the texts ready before starting coding a game is quite good :)
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

<3 Yep! I will be cheerfully rooting for it, no matter if it comes out this spring or next fall. ;)

And it's always best when the writer leads instead of follows last. That's why so many mediocre "publishing house" games happen, they bring in the writer after the game is mostly done, instead of bringing in the writer first, and keeping him around to make changes as needed.
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

jack1974 wrote:Haha wow, NO PRESSURE EH!!??? :lol:
Juuuust a tiny bit. =,)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok let's start the new year with some GOOD NEWS! :lol:
Artist after agreeing to draw the females for the yuri, is now having second thoughts... I am trying to convince him, but in case I have to find someone it would be a problem. I mean a different art for the women only... I did that for the first game but I really hoped I didn't had to do it even for the sequel !! :oops:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Ok let's start the new year with some GOOD NEWS! :lol:
Artist after agreeing to draw the females for the yuri, is now having second thoughts... I am trying to convince him, but in case I have to find someone it would be a problem. I mean a different art for the women only... I did that for the first game but I really hoped I didn't had to do it even for the sequel !! :oops:
Well that's just great, :x

Yeah. I do see what you mean, that change of art style really stood out from the rest in the first one.

Hopefully you can convince him, as you saw the reaction the news got before.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nope, I tried to talk but it's against his religious beliefs. I'm honestly shocked that in 2013 there are still people with such "beliefs" :roll: maybe he thinks that by drawing images for a yuri game his soul will burn in hell?
He said would be ok if they were just "friendship" routes but not romances. Though I'm not sure it makes sense to have the boy with romances and the girls with just friendship, seems a bit unbalanced. And also, the line between friendship and love is often quite subtle in same sex relationships. Oh well, at this point, either I don't do it or I have to use different art style. I spent too much money already to do all the boys and girls for the otome version, so redoing all the art is not an option...

I think as form of protest I'll release some games yuri or yaoi only in the near future.
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

jack1974 wrote:Nope, I tried to talk but it's against his religious beliefs. I'm honestly shocked that in 2013 there are still people with such "beliefs" :roll: maybe he thinks that by drawing images for a yuri game his soul will burn in hell?
He said would be ok if they were just "friendship" routes but not romances. Though I'm not sure it makes sense to have the boy with romances and the girls with just friendship, seems a bit unbalanced. And also, the line between friendship and love is often quite subtle in same sex relationships. Oh well, at this point, either I don't do it or I have to use different art style. I spent too much money already to do all the boys and girls for the otome version, so redoing all the art is not an option...
Bah, I can't believe it. And he'd be okay with 'friendship'. How generous of him :x .

Anyway , I'm not letting him ruin my good mood. I've just seen that awesome Juliet video in the Heileen 3 thread and I definitely wouldn't say no to this:
jack1974 wrote:I think as form of protest I'll release some games yuri or yaoi only in the near future.
Do it, Jack! :mrgreen: And whatever you do with SH2, you've got my support. I mean, I'll never say no to more yuri, but I definitely see how this changes everything.
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

Uhm, so... an idea.
Make the core game Het, let him be a complete berk, and then do the game plus for the Yuri, different love interests, through different eyes... It's the story told by the Daughter of of your daughter, of course the art is different!

And have a Yaoi version way later.

So no smushing the different arts together- to have a child born of the mother, she would need sex with a male anywho, so, Het for the base game, and then, when you have the Yuri ready to go, add in the game + feature we discussed that you mentioned might be in SH2... <3

Also, you might find some specialized Yuri and Yaoi artists willing to work for a percentage of sales instead of up front commissions, I know a few that would be keen for it if they weren't swamped with commissions from friends.