Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Re: Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by thesleepykitten »

No pressure. If anything, I can't wait to return to the game. :D
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

I am looking forward to the Male and Female potential expansions on this- as it is I am really looking forward to the Yuri H3, and will be playing the first two as I get time to be ready for the Yuri launch. :D
thesleepykitten
Official writer

We'll see what we can do about the expansions. ^^; It's so far ahead into the future, I'm not sure what's planned to be honest. ^_^; (Post-marriage, BL, Yuri... I'm not sure...)

But I'll do my best on the base game, and once that's done, we can go from there. ^^
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The problem with a yuri version as said before is that the artist I used for the characters is quite slow :oops: Even if I guess I could ask him now, maybe for 2014 would have finished... :lol:
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

:P you say that like a bad thing! When he finishes the main game, then ask him to start on the expansion art, and so on. ;)
it gives enough time to really polish everything, and if the game comes out late 2013, and the expansion summer 2014, and the Yaoi expansion/re-release comes early summer or late spring 2015, it means a steady stream of people discovering and buying the game for the next 2+ years. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just got answer by artist and he said he can do the girls :) So maybe there's hope! Once he has done all the girls (there are 12 in total!) I'll ask if he can do also 3 male boys main character, so then we would have everything to do a BxG and BxB version too. And then that game will pass the 500k words... :lol:
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Wow, 500k, that's more text than the Lord of the Rings trilogy, or A Dance with Dragons book.

Poor writer. :lol:

Kidding aside, I know it'll be spread out. The base game is roughly 1/3 done...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha well once you finish the base game we can see. We could reuse some scenes adding different choices based on the gender and so on. And just to be clear every version will be released like a standalone game over the time (each one will take a lot of testing/writing), but will also probably offer an "all-in-one" version (featuring all combos) and that one will be very likely over 500k words :lol:
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

I will be honest- I will buy EACH version, at full cost, and then the all in one version, because I adore everything you two are.

I am so looking forward to this, you don't even know. Seriously.

THIS is the game I fell in love with.

THIS is the reason I came to try all the others.

THIS is the game I will be looking forward to this year, more than I looked forward to Skyrim, even. <3 I love all the games I've tried so far, but Spirited Heart spirited away my heart. Love it and love you fantastic people for all your hard work on this new game.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Fearsome wrote:I will be honest- I will buy EACH version, at full cost, and then the all in one version, because I adore everything you two are.

I am so looking forward to this, you don't even know. Seriously.

THIS is the game I fell in love with.

THIS is the reason I came to try all the others.

THIS is the game I will be looking forward to this year, more than I looked forward to Skyrim, even. <3 I love all the games I've tried so far, but Spirited Heart spirited away my heart. Love it and love you fantastic people for all your hard work on this new game.
My sentiments exactly, and I said so to him on twitter soon after seeing the announcement.

SH is also the first WW game I ever played, and what led me to Jacks website to take a look at what other games might be available, and now I own most of them.