widescreen display problem

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
Tsukiko
Young scout

widescreen display problem

Post by Tsukiko »

I am trying out the demos for Always Remember Me and Spirited Heart and both games look great but neither displays fullscreen correctly (game extends beyond all 4 sides of monitor) but that is ok, but Spirited Heart will not fit in Window mode either and the window it runs in can not be resized. The width fits easily, but it spills over the top and bottom of the screen. Always Remember Me in Window mode runs fine and defaults to a perfectly sized window and it can be resized as well. It is just Spirted Heart that will not resize and defaults to a window that is too big to fit on the screen. This is a desktop PC with Windows 7 64 version and widescreen monitor running 1920x1080 resolution.

I have not seen this problem mentioned elsewhere, so am I missing something, or maybe I am just the first to try it on a widescreen monitor?

And kudos for such great games, I have played Always Remember Me through 2 weeks of game time and am enjoying it and look forward to trying out Spirited Heart and then buying them with the discount for 2 games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: widescreen display problem

Post by jack1974 »

Ah that's weird! Always Remember me uses 16:9 resolution natively (and also a new version of Ren'Py, the tool I'm using to make them) but indeed Spirited Heart has a 4:3 native resolution and uses a old version. I am making an update for Spirited Heart right now that will add 6 female dateable characters, and at same time will upgrade the old engine. The update should be out in 1-2 months max, so please wait and even if you're not interested in the expansion, you'll be still able to play correctly in widescreen the normal game! :oops:
Tsukiko
Young scout

Re: widescreen display problem

Post by Tsukiko »

Thank you for the quick response and I look forward to seeing the new release.