Some quick tips on how to be the best college playboy!

Games with gameplay beside the story: raising your skills, map systems, life simulations, etc
jack1974
Pack leader

Some quick tips on how to be the best college playboy!

Post by jack1974 »

The game Summer Session is out only since a few days but already got some requests by people asking for tips on how to win the game (or better how to see the different endings). I've posted here some tips directly from the game author! ;)

Rachel - Can be met sometimes while doing the Party option. Raise your Cool a lot to get her to ask you out.

Midori - Is usually met in the computer lab when you 'Work', also turns up in the study sessions at the end of the game if you are Smart enough.

Jenny - Can be met playing volleyball on the first weekend, or when studying on the week before midterms. It's important to impress her with your Strength at these times early in the game in order to get anywhere with her later!

Tanya - Do sports until you see her for the first time, then get your Strength up and choose Exercise in order to meet her again

Emma - Make friends with Mario. Stay in on the weekend so you get Emma's phone call and know what night to meet her. Raise your Luck and hang around your dorm room during the final week.
gino
Young scout

Re: Some quick tips on how to be the best college playboy!

Post by gino »

Thanks, I'll need it when I'll have enough money into my paypal account to buy the game :oops:
Kudos for making this kind of game (or publishing, whatever) I like them but are hard to find on macs.
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

Over all i do like it. Not on the top of my to buy list though. A few thoughts.

1. I would for once like to see one of these where you could be a guy or a girl. (yes I'm a guy, but it's a thought. Heck playing a lesbian character trying to seduce these girls in college would be an interesting challenge )
2. I'd like to be able to switch from planning a whole week to day by day. I know it makes the game go by faster, but i kinda like having more control.

3. I like that secret diary, it let's you keep track of what you know about each girl, and gives you an idea of what your relationship is like with each. Which is DAMN useful.
ugh there was more i just can't think of it right now.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, 1 would be interesting too. Of course the game is very "clean", I mean doesn't have any sex scenes and such (by saying this probably will lose 50% of potential buyers lol). But I have no discriminations and indeed a soft game with girl trying to seduce girl would be interesting. Probably hard to send a PR and publish it on Apple, etc though :lol:

This was more like an experiment, but I can say that got very positive response, and I plan to make more of such games in future (alongside with my usual more complex games type), since they're more relaxing to make and I like to write stories :mrgreen:
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

Actually i LIKE the cleanness of it. Let's be honest, if you want hentei games it takes what? 15 minutes on google to find one? And since i'm likely going to be a father in about 2-3 years I kinda like the idea of a dating game that i don't have to worry about. Now if you want more ideas for it, making it fantasy themed would be interesting. I'd still like to see you make a Princess Maker game. Again I'm willing to sacrifice the "shiny" graphics etc for good replay value and good mechanics. That and the ability to stop playing after 15 minutes is good.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I'm on holidays-at-home right now (needed a break) but I have all the assets ready to make a Princess Maker game. I have only to program it... so maybe this autumn...! 8)
KnockOut
Young scout

Post by KnockOut »

I thought this was the princess maker game!!! It does have the stats and everything. No gear or dungeon though. the game Kudos is in a way kinda princessmakery with all the stats and stuff.

Would be nice to play a dating sim or see a dating movie for that matter...where the set ups are realistic, all the set ups and contrived and too easy! Nothing that could possibly be utilized in real life!

Oh and please no infinite minor endings if you make one teensy little choice. All endings should be the result of major gameplay differences.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe no, the princess maker game is still "under construction" :)
Will take a while since it's a bigger project.
I like the idea of a dating sim in more normal settings, like daily life. You go to office, and met new people there, and all around the game there's a living town. But probably a bit too early to think about that, first need to finish several project I'm still working on since 2-3 years!!
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

I can see it now... "I can't land a date in real life, but man when I turn on my computer..."

I bet virtual slaps won't be as rough, maybe you should program it so the computer crashes when you make someone mad. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes I'm sure for some works like that. But is basically based on the soap operas, or just romance novels.
I'm a man but I like to play those even to see what the characters do, how they interact between themselves, and so on.
As an author, I like to create standard characters and then throw in a really bizzarre one to make chaos. You'll understand better what I'm talking about when Heileen will be out and you'll wonder if that Lora is crazy or what :lol: