Yuri Dating Sim Title Feedback/Suggestions *Updated Nov 24*

Games with gameplay beside the story: raising your skills, map systems, life simulations, etc

What title do you like best? Also, which variation of the second, if any, do you prefer?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Mad_Scientist
Young scout

Yuri Dating Sim Title Feedback/Suggestions *Updated Nov 24*

Post by Mad_Scientist »

*Update!

Ok, first of all, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. We've talked and brainstormed a bit, and have a few name ideas that we like better than either of the original ideas.

There is "Summer in Trigue", in which case the island would be named Trigue. (Inspired by a similar idea from feedback). What can I say, I like puns and will not apologize for that fact :P

The other options are "I Can't Get Away From My Romantic Getaway", and the variation that also has the word "Island" in it. Not quite a pun, but still wordplay.

Please note that I've set this new poll to allow you to vote for two choices, so that in addition to voting for which title you like best, you can also vote for whether you think Island should be in the second title.

*End update

Hello!

First, an introduction. My name is Matthew, and I am working with Winter Wolves on the "untitled yuri dating sim" that's been mentioned a few places here and on twitter (such as this this thread).

Well, hopefully that "untitled" part will be changing soon. We have some ideas for the name, and would like to get some feedback. So first, a brief description of the premise:

The game stars Sybil, a young woman who is very much looking forward to going on a nice two week vacation on a beautiful island (think something similar to Hawaii, but fictional) with her girlfriend Liz. Unfortunately, she arrives home from work early one day and finds Liz in bed with another woman. Hurt by what happened, Sybil decides to go on the trip by herself, thinking maybe it will help take her mind off of what Liz did.

Unfortunately, things don't go quite as planned, and a strange set of circumstances results in Sybil ending up stuck on the island and forced to spend the Summer there. While there, she we encounter quite a few interesting people, and perhaps make some new friends. And maybe she can find more than just friendship with one of the people she meets.

My hope is to blend a mixture of humorous and serious elements together, and create a game that will at times make you laugh, at times make you sad, at times warm your heart. (That's my hope at least, wish me luck!)

So, with that said, title time. We talked about a few titles and there are two we like the most so far. "Fly Away" and "Summer Sojourn." Fly Away fits because Sybil quite literally flies away from her home at the start of the game, and also escapes (though not intentionally) from her daily routine and life. I also like Summer Sojourn because it describes the game well (Sybil spends a Summer on the island), has a unique sound, nicely contrasts with the name Winter Wolves, and is alliterative.

But enough of what I think! What do you think? Which, if either, do you prefer? Do you have any ideas or suggestions for something different?
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
rooke30
Young scout

Re: Yuri Dating Sim Title Feedback/Suggestions

Post by rooke30 »

Sorry, I didn’t like either of them. Sure both titles fit but that’s because they’re incredibly generic – Fly Away could be a fit for most stories created. As for Summer Sojourn well, I’m for Australia which means Christmas time is set at the beginning of summer for us. Thus at some point in their lives pratically everybody takes a summer sojourn and I tend to think ‘what’s special about this one?’
canyonaz
Young scout

Post by canyonaz »

Hello Matthew!

I am excited we are getting a yuri dating sim. Good luck! I look forward to it.
i_nikki
Young scout

Post by i_nikki »

I voted for 'Summer Sojourn' title by reason - it will much easier to google after game release, than 'Fly Away' title.
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

If it were about scientists I would suggest "Yuri-ka!", but that is not the case, but punny titles shall flow, whether or not they are any good :lol:
Islanded here
A Lizerable time
Stuckulent Surprise
if the island were to be named "Trigue", it could be named "Much in Trigue"
Summer days are better than others

I'll be back with more later...
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

I think both titles fit the story somehow but are "too generalistic".

How about:

Clash of Fate
Romance Survival Trip (lol, but beeing forced to stay on an island always reminds me of the Farcry-series. We'll see if the romance to Liz prevails the summer)
Straying for Love
A Pace of Love (Derived from changing her planned pace of life, since she is forced toi stay on the island, abandoning her actual plans for life)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha those are good suggestions, I like them :) I think too that maybe using a generic name is not the best, and probably using the "forced to stay on a island" situation is a good idea.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

yeah, you can't find roommates and nicole anywhere on the net if you don't precise your search so I think it's better to have more unique name.
canyonaz
Young scout

Post by canyonaz »

iWeasle wrote:If it were about scientists I would suggest "Yuri-ka!"
Jack - at some point in the future make a science-related yuri game solely to be able to use this title. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol indeed!