TV management tycoon game
jack1974
Pack leader

TV Station Manager release history

Post by jack1974 »

TV Station Manager 1.2.4

Official page: http://www.tvstationmanager.com/

What’s New in 1.2.4
· added a Copy button in the TV Schedule screen, so you can copy the full schedule from one day to the next one, including ads

What’s New in 1.2.3
· added support for german language: now you can choose at startup in which language play the game, english or german
· fixed a bug that was showing a list too long in the TV Archives screen

What’s New in 1.2.2
· fixed a bug that was showing weird characters in the final winning screen
· fixed a bug that was showing a list too long in the TV Archives screen
· fixed a bug that was sometimes showing 0% public attendance on certain programs during the day

What’s New in 1.2.1
· fixed a bug that was happening only on some Macs causing the game to crash when using the production studio feature
· fixed a bug that was displaying a wrong cash value if you went into negative balance on PPC based macs

What’s New in 1.2

· kids go to bed early:now you won't see any young viewers after hour 10:30 pm
· when your show's production is under progress, now you see also which actors you selected for it
· added a new colored indicator in the ads screen so you can spot instantly which kind of public each ad in the list requires

What’s New in 1.1

· changed how targeted advertising works: now the percentage of target public attendance must met the ads attendance. For example, an ad requiring 100,000 teenager people would be satisfied if you show it on a program with total attendance of 1mil and 10% are teenagers.
· reduced the overall difficulty level by raising the minimum attendance the shows can get
· fixed a bug that was showing popularity value over 99%
· fixed a bug that wasn't showing the right available genre of show in the production studio
· fixed a bug that wasn't resetting properly the advertising deals so you could always find new ones to place
· fixed a bug that was automatically selecting day 5 or 6 on the schedule when you loaded a savegame
· fixed a bug that was showing popularity value over 99%

What’s New in 1.0

· the initial game release!
Last edited by jack1974 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jamie
Young scout

Post by jamie »

jack I was just wondering when the update will be online?

sorry to be so eager lol
current299
Young scout

Suggestion: 2 cents worth

Post by current299 »

Hi Jack,

Seems your boards got a problems. After 5x tries to register, now here I am.

I'm a big fan of Strategy and Simulations Games. I've been played a lot of games and i do notice the TV Station Manager has a big potential. I'm here just to throw my 2 cents for your considerations. Here is my suggestion for next update or the next version of TV Station Manager:

1. The TV Schedule.

a. I hope i can select the airing time for the selected programs. Let's say, this crime series only will be aired on weekend only. When I select the option, the programs will still remains on air during weekend at my specified time.

b. When I put a series of drama or any game shows, let's say it has 10 episodes. Instead of I had to put it on every single days, just lets the programs stays at the schedule for next following days until the episodes finish or the manager remove it due to unpopularity.

c. The left box where the message "Move Over the Mouse over the programs..." has a real time statistics of the audiences for the running shows.

d. Can we just double click on the programs and ads and it will automatically added to the TV Schedule based on first clicked, occupied first slots.

2. TV Archives

a. Any Live sports or special events programs available from time to time or special licenses required to aired certain programs. i.e. Your King married again. Football Final Championship. Premiere Movie Shows

b. We can negotiate the prices and the slots time for each programs and Ads if possible.

c. Can sort the programs by popularity / prices / episodes.

3. Production Studio.

a. Can hire artiste instead of daily, we can have contract agreements with them, let's say 1 year contract exclusive to become resident artist, doing promotions and so on.

b. upgrading the studio also improves the quality of the movies in Archives and has effects on your studio rating.

c. More micromanagement on Staff, the producer left, hiring staff based on their salaries or experiences. I know it should also be in Company Management screens.

4. Company Managements.

a. Staff Hiring

i. Content Advisor - He/She can automated the process of putting TV Schedule and ads. The Manager can concentrate on others micromanagement.

ii. Content Buyer - Buying programs based on budget given.

iii. Marketing - Deals with marketing promotion.

iv. Finance - controlled the finance

b. Direction of the company.

i. The company can go for Paid Viewer company, like satellite TV, Cable TV or can stay with ads TV free services.

ii. Stock Market

iii. Company Logo

iv. Viewer Survey

v. Manager Ranks. Can be promoted as CEO and handle more responsibility or demoted.

there a lot more, but i can think of it as for now. anyway, thanks for reading my thoughts and I do hope more improvements in the next update. By the way, I playing with Version 1.1 now and I'll enjoy it.

Thanks
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll try to implement them step by step on the future game updates!

Strange that you had to register 5x to post :?
current299
Young scout

Post by current299 »

don't know why.... even to submit post also I'm having a problems.

Otherwise i got this message.
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah this message should appear only if it takes too much time to compose the message (from the moment you click post and the moment you click submit).
Wright
Young scout

Re: TV Station Manager release history

Post by Wright »

Even this game is five years old, I only played the demo yesterday.
There is a question I need to ask you.
On the main menu, it was written:
"If you don't laugh at least once while playing this game, then you definitely have no sense of humor. Seriously, it's based on scientific research."
Were you really serious?
Or was it just a joke?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol no, was a joke :lol:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Sometimes written humor doesn't convey well. :oops: