development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

this is the other possible route for Nuala's sidequest I added. First path is diplomatic, second... it's more "let's kill them all" :mrgreen:
(All the leaders, not the whole orc army!).
This battle is very tough, even in normal level I can't beat it haha. On the other hand, since it's optional, I'll probably keep as it is (you can lose and not get game over).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

tough optional battle but with great loot. Lighting-casting earrings it's a top item! :o
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Playing the alpha and I'm loving it! I like how the social skills act variety to the fights plus having to choose between who to leave behind adds depth to the story. So, awesome job!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, that alpha is really outdated now, in particular for the combat, with the change I did with the "breaking defense" battles now are quite different. I hope to be able to put up a new alpha next month :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Doing some jealousy scenes today. I've done them thousand times, but they're always fun :lol:
Here player is saying to Vaeril "I need to spend time with other party members to get to know them better bla bla" and he replies with that... :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

and of course everyone reacts differently, based on their personalities. Let's say that Nuala is still a bit on the "wild side"... :mrgreen: :lol:
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 am Image
and of course everyone reacts differently, based on their personalities. Let's say that Nuala is still a bit on the "wild side"... :mrgreen: :lol:
I seriously will be trying not to piss her off, ouch, having your eyes ripped out! :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe that only happens if you sleep with her and some other people at same time :mrgreen:
I tested the new system and seems to work. I like that, for the first time in my games, the romance CG isnt' the final one, but there's some extra scenes. I'll also be able to add the "casanova" achievement too! 8)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 am Thanks, that alpha is really outdated now, in particular for the combat, with the change I did with the "breaking defense" battles now are quite different. I hope to be able to put up a new alpha next month :)
You're welcome! I was hoping it would let us play all the way to the end but I can understand why you wouldn't want to make the entire game accessible at this point.

Also uh oh! Makes me wonder what Leena and the nagas' jealously scenes look like!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I haven't done Leena but could be similar to Nuala. Or maybe not. The nagas jealousy is... particular :mrgreen: