development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

boss battle in the crypt with a giant mummy. When it appears I show it "in the face" of player with a scary sound. I like the final result :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

almost finished this side-quest. The Baneslayer is probably the weapon with highest damage bonus of the game :o
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

for the Lich King!!! a "nice" encounter you'll find following a sidequest with Larik and Nuala.
hehe while reading this I was thinking "Sorry Larik but I'm just testing your scenes. I'd rather spend my day talking with Nuala than you!" :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

haha, I must say that this game is pushing all the limits of the framework. Normally I wasn't even sure it was possible, but works: one of the two Larik loyalty bonuses is that beside protecting an ally, when an enemy attacks him, Larik also counter-attack the enemy. So in summary guard+counter attack all in one (as long as the Guard is active of course).
It's quite powerful, of course works only if the enemies attack the guarded target, and the enemies still do damage to Larik BEFORE he counter-attack, but I think it's well balanced and interesting.
Now coding his other bonus skill and then this path is done as well :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

today got some missing bgs for Kusho's quest, so I added it. Doing Vaeril quest now, so both elves are done at least!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

one of the possible rewards for Vaeril's sidequest (I like that basically in all the sidequests you can have two different outcomes/rewards). It's a consumable but it's the ultimate healing item. Besides, maybe there's a way to get more... :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

got this new background, so Vaeril's route is now officially finished (well the CGs are still to be colored but I put the lineart placeholders for now) :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Added a small sidequest to Nuala's path since was too short compared to the others (already broke the 200k words barrier BTW... :lol:).
Those who plays Hearthstone probabl know where I got inspiration for the orc leader name :mrgreen: Ho-zor!
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am
Added a small sidequest to Nuala's path since was too short compared to the others (already broke the 200k words barrier BTW... :lol:).
Those who plays Hearthstone probabl know where I got inspiration for the orc leader name :mrgreen: Ho-zor!
Lol Jack! Do you actually make any games that are under 200k in words anymore? :shock: :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, last year's games were all under 200k except PSCD. But for the RPG it's hard. In any case if there are more than 4 romanceable characters it's very hard to have less than 200k words, so that each character has a good amount of romance scenes.
In this case I have added several myself which were edited by the writer later, simply because I was 100% sure that with the original amount players would have complained saying that there were too few romance scenes :mrgreen: