development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Well actually the problem is more the humidity than the heat. A few days ago in my office I had 27°C but 45% humidity, and could work much better than today with 26°C but 70% humidity = impossible to LIVE (not work! :lol:).
I'm sure in Texas is hot too, but not humid as here :)
KagenNoTsuki
Young scout

Post by KagenNoTsuki »

Ah! Gotcha. Yeah humidity sucks lol Texas usually isn't very humid at all, at least not the part I live in anyway. Last month we had a week of high humidity days that were 95 - 100 degrees each. I didn't much care for that week lol
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

If you google for the Humidex index, you see that's more dangerous 30-32°C with high humidity (here I have always >60%, it's rare that goes below that) than >32°C but with very low humidity. It's still bad of course but doesn't make you tired or dangerous for health at least. Of course I'm talking about staying inside, going outdoor with such temperatures is crazy :lol:
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Then you are still handling heat pretty well, for me, every time it starts getting over 30C I start googling "Is there really no way for humans to hibernate true summer" :)

True I am surprised you still haven't got AC if heat is disturbing you work so much.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have it, but I stopped using it because makes me sick. Either you have AC in the whole house (but no way I do that, it's crazy expensive!) or whenever you need to go to bathroom or just take a break you go from cold to warm and you get sick in a day :) I prefer to use a normal fan instead.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Back on topic, it's fun how there's stuff that was implemented/possible from the beginning (so, from 2012!!) but I never used it. You can associate a offensive/defensive skill to an item. Since in the story you can get unique powerful items for each character, I am starting to implement them all, and Kusho's Holy Bracers give him the ability to shoot Holy Arrows that won't make the undead happy 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

another interesting item is the Flamberge Hilt, that is an Accessory but if you are using a sword as primary weapon, adds a Flame Strike skill :) I tested in game and if you use another kind of weapon you still get the stats bonus but not the Flame Strike skill.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the "angry dwarves" are the most dangerous enemy encounter of the game! :o
Joking, but I love how they turned out haha. Images of good old tavern brawls comes to mind :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Awesome-lookin sprites, really badass! >:D

Now, they seem to be from a new artist, am I right? If so, will we see more from this artist in the future? 'Cause I really dig this style.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

He's the same artist who did some of the Queen Of Thieves enemies (the guards, other thieves, etc). This time though I asked for more detailed images because (rightfully I think) some people complained saying that the QoT enemies images were too low resolution :)
Yes I'm probably going to use him again for tasks like this (sadly his style doesn't match much existing Loren's artist so wouldn't work well for normal characters).