development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Added something that I remember was requested long time ago (in Loren I think? not sure).
In the skill screen beside the usual HP/SP and the resistances I also display two other values: offensive and defensive power. Of course during battles will matter more HOW you use your skills. However that gives an idea of the character's strong/weak points.
Offensive is currently obtained by Attack+Critical Hit
Defensive is Defense + Speed

I know that Speed might also influence attack. That's true, but I still have to tweak of the battles will play out in this game. I used QoT as base, mixed it a bit with SOTW :mrgreen: So Speed also influences how hard a character is to hit, reducing damage in case the blow doesn't land fully. Anyway if later during testing those values are misleading I'll simply remove them :o
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Image
voilà, added a second sword. Now she's a true blademaster! :mrgreen:
She looks amazing! and after reading about her skills and design ideas, I'm loving her even more as I really enjoy the dual wielding and how she uses her speed.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

And now I imagine some fantasy duels... Chalassa vs Syrlsissa, who would win?
Answer: Loren :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

coding the level up/post battle screen. This mix between SOTW and QoT code bases is hard but I think should manage to make it work :mrgreen:
The "Lai Raven" on top-left is just the name I put to my main character (you can name yourself). It's still empty because I haven't the art yet.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Finished coding the level up screen. I might have some more custom skill icons made, so they're not always the same :)
Tomorrow will start doing the battle screen, the biggest change of this game. That will take me a week of work probably!
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 11:07 am Image
What's the skill on the left? Some sort of absorbing spell or HP and/or MP?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes exactly (the picture represents that well!).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the new combat screen layout. Obviously it's a BIG work in progress :mrgreen:
I like the bigger enemies and also you can spot the enemy morale bar (though for now it's not working :lol:).
I need to find a place to put the log, even if I'm thinking to maybe not always display it on screen (like a button that can open it in a pop-up window or something).
I also decided to not have randomized items since would mess up a bit everything, I will have hand-crafted items for each party member, so will be also fun to discover what is the best equipment for each character :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

What's the enemies' morale going to be used for?

Influencing their will to fight, how hard they hit, something else?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, also in some cases (not bosses) they could flee the battle in panic. Need to tweak it so it's not too powerful though :)