PSCD art restyle might be done

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD art restyle might be done

Post by jack1974 »

Thank you! Yes you two are among my best fans, I know it well even when you don't post often! <3 <3
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

I think that the market rules where the games will go. If a different art style will support the sale, than the decision is a no-brainer in my opinion.

I also support the Idea of a "Art Remastered" Version - especially to not reduce the effort the old artist did. He/She might need the game for her reference list and you might need her work in future games. Therefore, two versions or a modus to switch art styles in game will be best in my opinion.

I would consider a small fee, but not buy the whole game because of new art, because I think the old art was already decent :mrgreen:
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think I'll update the old game (offering the two options) and maybe if someone wants can donate (through patreon or something else). I'll see, I suspect that redoing the art will take a new artist a few months at least (that game was huge!).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Are you redoing all the art or just the characters? I personally thought all the cards were fine, just the characters (and some of the CGs) were odd.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No of course not the cards! :) it would be crazy, and honestly people don't care about the cards art (which was fine as you said) but about the characters to romance. So just the characters, and possibly the CGs (I have to think about this though).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So this is how Alex looks in manga-form:

It's fun to see it transformed into a manga character. I was wondering though, what people think of him? he's sexy enough? Even in the original version, Diana was much better, so... :mrgreen:
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Post by OhHaiMe »

I'd say he looks acceptable. I think he looks so different though that you would have to redo the CGs for sure. Although I was looking at the CGs the other day and think they could use a redo as well anyway.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the feedback. Well the original CGs had different quality, some were better than others, but overall I think was acceptable. Anyways first I'll get characters redone and as last the CGs if I'll redo them :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Well, I wanted to suggest that the player could choose what kind of art style was going to be used in the game, so those that actually like it as it is(like me XD)could keep it and those who rather have a anime style could also choose the one they want.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's how it will work. I'm not going to thrown away all the art already done (also considering some people like it). I'm just going to switch to manga by default, like in main menu and on the Steam banners.