Amber crafting gameplay

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber crafting gameplay

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, texts are made by me :lol:
Yes also completely random stuff like the one you mentioned. By the way if you have any random events suggestions, feel free to post them in this thread!
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Image
I'm going to do first the seasonal events, which have a good chance of happening during a specific season.
In the game you won't be able to see a summary like this until the event itself triggers, OR with the "aviary room" (I need to find a better name lol). Basically I had the idea that you can have a sort of room with crows bringing news at light-speed from all around Aravorn. If you build that room, you'll know a few days before the event triggers, so you can do all your own market speculations 8)
W/ all due respect, Jack, wouldn't it make more sense to collect wood from Howlgrove and/or the Frontier Woods anyway? Both are far closer, and so it would seemingly take less time to transport stay in better condition for a longer time, not having time to rot or anything like that. (Unless this has to do w/ any kind of magical properties exclusive to Grandtree; if so, my apologies--though I still say collecting from those places as well as Grandtree would have the aforementioned benefits; just an idea. [And as always, this is NOT meant as any kind of attack.)

Also, is there any chance there could be a flip-side to this? For instance: "Ore surplus excavated in Hammerhands; prices drop for X days."? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I'll still need to change the texts, this was a test to see if all woods items were affected, and worked. For stuff like that makes more sense that the wood reserves are burned or something else. Of course doesn't need to be 100% realistic :)
In the game there's higher tier woods, so that event can be tied to that. And of course there can be also positive random events like the one you mentioned.
Prices will also slightly fluctuate during the game, to simulate the market, though not as high as in those events (where prices can go up/down even 25%).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Adventurer Raid: "A group of self-serving adventurers have raided all the local dragon lairs, driving the resident dragons deeper into the mountains. Dragon Mucus is now 3x as expensive."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks :) I have also various other dragon item, so they can all be more expensive. Just need to add the "dragon" tag to each item :) (which will be hidden to players, so the GUI is not overcrowded)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

item prices in vendors now change accordingly to the random events. I knew this was working already, but had to correctly implement the GUI/coding. Also, you can buy and sell the items now.
I think next week will take a break from coding and resume scripting all the scenes. Need to relax a bit :mrgreen:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

This reminds me of Mana Khemia. It's a game about learning about alchemy while attending an alchemy school. It's a really great game.

I hope we see more of Amber's Magic Shop!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I haven't played that one, but I have played Atelier Totori (one of the many of that series). Apart the RPG part that is not present in this game, that game was surely an inspiration (though I was also inspired by Guild Wars 2 crafting system).