Art Thread [Amber's Magic Shop]

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Art Thread [Amber's Magic Shop]

Post by jack1974 »

Good point, though in this case I went with the fact that (I believe) they also reproduce fast, laying many eggs, etc.
Otherwise even in other potions I have for example drake scales, blood, etc. It's mostly to have a bit more variety.
In any case all those recipes can be easily changed during testing if something looks too weird! :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Well, Jack didn't make any guarantees that the child would be a human/elven one. You could be raising little harpies for all you know.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

:mrgreen:
"this is not my son! you had a secret relationship with... one of those harpies!!"
<screams>
:lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So after reaching 210+ recipes I decided was time to take a break :lol:
This week I'll finish scripting the whole story (I just did the beginning) and then if all goes well, next week will start doing the simulation part.
a scene from the main plot. I won't say where they're going or why, because, spoiler.
All I can say is that place leads to an unexpected fanservice moment. The best ones! :twisted:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Image
a scene from the main plot. I won't say where they're going or why, because, spoiler.
All I can say is that place leads to an unexpected fanservice moment. The best ones! :twisted:
And these kinds of things just prove what was said before about ya being evil, Jack. :P

More seriously--
jack1974 wrote:This week I'll finish scripting the whole story
^^I probably sound like a noob here, but what's the difference between scripting and writing characters' lines in a game? Is that a thing w/ coding the game itself?

(Again, sorry if I seem noobish... :oops: )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes scripting is a boring, long but simple task. I need to add the code to tell which background image to use, where the characters shows up, their facial expression changes, if they move, etc. Usually is simple, but in that scene there are also some "uncommon movements" so took longer.
I also consider scripting adding all the music and sound effects. I have a library of free SFX, but sometimes I goto freesound.org to search for new ones for specific scenes.
All that takes time, it's not hard like coding, but long.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

This is the relationship/alignment screen. In practice in the game there is: Amber alignment (light/dark) and for each love interest, a relationship value (like in my other games) plus a light/dark value for them as well.
However, it's getting a bit too crowded, so I might not display it like that for each love interest. Perhaps like only "Light/Dark", even if there are two variations of each. It's like:
Light+
Light
Dark
Dark+

Anyway, for now that works, I'll see if I can get a better idea :)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Actually I like how it looks right now. Doesn't seem too crowded to me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The problem is that I might need to display also some other information, and now there's no space :oops:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Ah that makes sense.

Still I hope you're able to have friendships with the other characters like in Loren.

Seems Amber will be out sooner than everyone thought. From the progress that I've seen that is.