Amber's recipe thread

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber's recipe thread

Post by jack1974 »

Yes this last part is what I meant, since for crafting I must have all ingredients in tiers, and tiers should be associated with prices (the rarest, the more expensive) the diamond will never be cheaper than beryl, or require less jewelcrafting skills. But for the items creation, it all depends on the other ingredients indeed.
This is was more a thought for future RPGs with crafting but yes it's a bit too early to worry about this now :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm facing another small issue. For all the gems I use the method: (bigger)nugget->refine=pebble->refine=crystal(smaller)
However for both the pearl and the coral, the terms nugget/pebble/crystal doesn't really make sense :lol: I was wondering if anyone could come with 3 alternate words for it? I have no idea how to call them in English! :oops:
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Fragments and shards maybe?
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I was thinking instead of "nugget" to use "lump". Fragments and shards maybe could work for coral, but for pearl, not sure.
Or I might just replace those two with two new "standard" gems, and use coral/pearl without the need of "refinement" :)
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

For pearl, I would use bead!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I don't think we have bombs yet, but you can't have played an Atelier game without bombs! So here's a list of suggested pallette swap bombs.

All bombs need a container (bottle, sack, tube, whatever) and some ingredients that are typically volatile.

Elemental and Quasi-Elemental Bombs

Explosive
Burning
Water/Quenching
Snow
Dust
Mud
Smoke
Lightning/Shocking
Vacuum/Imploding

Non-lethal Impeding Bombs, most could use one of the above bombs as a base ingredient

Blinding (ink)
Hallucinating/Dream (your favorite fantasy drug)
Loud/Deafening
Itching (chili powder + sticky oil)
Tickling (feathers + living oil)
Sneezing (pepper)
Coughing/Choking
Numbing
Paralyzing
Vomiting (rotten meat) my personal favorite
Slippery (grease)
Sticky (glue)

...and probably more I can't think of right now. Bring the bombs!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha those looks good :)
As said I'm not sure how much stuff I'll put into this game but since the system will be the same for future RPGs, I can use the recipes in future for sure :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today was "ballbreak day". However, I made the healing potions, and thanks to Miakoda post about the animals I'm going to make several ones (like Snake blood=Resist poison potions etc).
I'm not sure what to use for the Mana/Energy potions though. Do you have in mind any animal that could work? I was thinking maybe birds (hawks, eagles) but not sure. Or maybe for energy couldn't be an animal but something else...
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote: I'm not sure what to use for the Mana/Energy potions though. Do you have in mind any animal that could work? I was thinking maybe birds (hawks, eagles) but not sure. Or maybe for energy couldn't be an animal but something else...
Most animals associated with magic directly often also represent wisdom. Although if you are talking actually storing energy, you might also look at say animals who may go hibernating or a metamorphosis (the latter could be a bear or caterpillar/butterfly)

Animals I know which have been associated with magic as well...

The first is the owl. It is known to represent wisdom, but was also associated with Hecate, a goddess of magic/necromancy.

Some African people held the snake in reverence as well as a teacher.

Spiders could work...and for that matter, Ravens could as well (I'm thinking of a couple of Native American stories, as well as the association of ravens with Odin...who was a god of magic (runecrafting))
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since Energy potion replenish SP (usually in my games I mean) they're quite powerful. The animals you mention are interesting but for a reason or another I don't think they fit well, so I am thinking to just go with some fantasy animal :)
Unicorn, griffon fang, etc. Some "magic" or "mythological" animal.