A new race appears

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Re: A new race appears

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Cool.

Anyhow, I did read the wiki about Weald, but I didn't see anything about children of the Weald. Is that something that'll be added later on?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the game is still being written, once is ready will update the wiki whenever I get the chance!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Forsaken almost finished the "main plot" part. Next are the romances :mrgreen:
The plan is obviously to finish Amber first, then maybe Love Bites, and then I'll see. Of course depends what will happen with the other games too :) Personally I try to give precedence to "older games", but obviously depends what I have available. If a game that I started this year has all art and writing done, doesn't make sense to wait for another started 4 years ago which maybe is still behind.
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

jack1974 wrote:Forsaken almost finished the "main plot" part. Next are the romances :mrgreen:
The plan is obviously to finish Amber first, then maybe Love Bites, and then I'll see. Of course depends what will happen with the other games too :) Personally I try to give precedence to "older games", but obviously depends what I have available. If a game that I started this year has all art and writing done, doesn't make sense to wait for another started 4 years ago which maybe is still behind.

That makes sense actually. I do hope we see at least the beta sometime early next year. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

First romance route (GxB) is finished!
I quite like it, especially there's almost a sort of role reversal: you (as player) play the strong, fearless woman, while the character in question (Abu) is very humble and easy to tease/embarrass. I think the result is very interesting.
If Forsaken can keep this pace/quality I could probably have all the story finished early next year. For art, I need some GUI/NPCs and all the romance CGs so there's still some work, even if could be probably done by Q1 2017. But since this is a RPG/Simulation mix I need to wait and see what games I could do.
It's always good to have "everything ready" for a game though!

Note: "everything ready" means writing, music and art, so then depends on me to code it. That could still take several months depending on the game! :lol:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

jack1974 wrote:First romance route (GxB) is finished!
I quite like it, especially there's almost a sort of role reversal: you (as player) play the strong, fearless woman, while the character in question (Abu) is very humble and easy to tease/embarrass. I think the result is very interesting.
If Forsaken can keep this pace/quality I could probably have all the story finished early next year. For art, I need some GUI/NPCs and all the romance CGs so there's still some work, even if could be probably done by Q1 2017. But since this is a RPG/Simulation mix I need to wait and see what games I could do.
It's always good to have "everything ready" for a game though!

Note: "everything ready" means writing, music and art, so then depends on me to code it. That could still take several months depending on the game! :lol:

Sweet! Have you found anyone to do the romance CGs yet since the Loren artist is no longer with you?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that won't be a problem, for example even in SOTW the ending romance CG were done by another artist :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Any chance it could be that same artist again?

Theirs was excellent work! :)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

BobTheMob wrote:Any chance it could be that same artist again?

Theirs was excellent work! :)
Now I'm curious to know who that artist is.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I haven't decided yet, since is a bit too early to start with the CGs right now. I'll post sneak peek/previews once they're done though! :)