Few bugs in UBM

Boxing management simulation game
Sanguinius
Young scout

Few bugs in UBM

Post by Sanguinius »

1. Commentator states wrong weight categories, or sometimes dosnt say them at all (it says For the category)
2. Sometimes other boxers have 0 skills, while i dont mind having them in low lvl ranks, i do when my experienced boxer is fighting them in ranks 80 and below
3. Sometimes i beat other boxer than next months hi to gains rank next month
4. Disable Select button in ad screen, i have one boxer with Selected: No offers.. for months now. --- dont know if i will get offers anyhow, but i haven got them for some time now
5. Im Croatian and i assure you that arent no black native ppl here, so if there is possibility to add sorting of color per nations, or at least part of world (Eest Europe, Middle Europe and such)
Last edited by Sanguinius on Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iulius
Young scout

Post by iulius »

I'm not sure (better wait the programmer to reply) but maybe you have an older version. You can check which one you have opening the Readme.rtf file in installation folder.
Sanguinius
Young scout

Post by Sanguinius »

I downloaded yesterday so it should be knew. its Universal Boxing Manager 1.3.2
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that is the latest version. Thanks for reporting, going to check those bugs now! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok I managed to fix problems 2 and 5, point 4 isn't really a bug since ads offers depends on boxer charisma so it is possible that you don't receive offers for some time if your boxer has low charisma.
Point 1 wasn't able to reproduce it so far, I always get the category name (will try again later).
About point 3, I'm checking to see if is really a bug, the problem is that after you fight, the other boxers fight too, so the ranking could change when you click next month.
Have to think a way to fix this, since of course if you win you should rise of rank, even if other competitors do the same...

I uploaded a new beta version here:
games/UBMTrial.exe
if anyone wants to try it.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

I see wrong or no weight classes all the time. I had a fight and it just had an extra space so like "for the category"

And of course there's still not nearly enough punching, but that's not really a bug. :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm perhaps I found the problem of the weights :)
I also increased punches again of +10 average (you should get an average of 10 more punches each round).
Same URL as before to download latest update.
iulius
Young scout

Post by iulius »

I think I see the weight category correctly now, but honestly I didn't noticed if was wrong before :D
Sanguinius
Young scout

Post by Sanguinius »

I havent tested new version yet, i will do it later.
point 4 isn't really a bug since ads offers depends on boxer charisma so it is possible that you don't receive offers for some time if your boxer has low charisma.
I know that, but i have boxer with good charisma and good rank, and i pressed select button when there were no offers and it seems that im not getting any anymore
About point 3, I'm checking to see if is really a bug, the problem is that after you fight, the other boxers fight too, so the ranking could change when you click next month.
I ment, after i my boxer beats other boxer, i click next month and than my boxer gets rank and boxer i defeated :?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm ok if you have high charisma it should get offers, I'll check that better. About the ranks I know, I have to balance the ranking. Before when pc boxers didn't fight automatically there wasn't this problem :)