PSCD 1.1.2 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

PSCD 1.1.2 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

Post by jack1974 »

For info and purchase links:
http://winterwolves.com/pscd.htm

Download the new beta version here:
http://www.macgames.biz/games/PSCD-1.1.2-all.zip
(like all betas, there's no installer, just a .zip file to unzip and play)

The latest version is this one in the forums - if you download the version live on the site, you won't see the extra romances or the quick match mode!

What's New in 1.1.2
- the buttons to tweak the AI starting/recurring resources wasn't working (always using the mission's default values). Now it works and it makes a HUGE difference. Because of this I simplified the ultimate challenge (no AI starting units) otherwise was honestly impossible to win :mrgreen:

What's New in 1.1.1
- Time Bomb now shouldn't crash anymore
- Death Mark and other temporarily boosting HP actions now should work correctly (the HP value should reset after the turn ends)
- fixed some cards descriptions, lowered Elite Sniper stats, and Radioactive Droid will deal damage to all units except itself

What's New in 1.1.0
- Hack, Special forces and Motivational Speech now works correctly
- resources are correctly reset to the default values in the battle preview, after you finish a fight
- Time Bomb doesn't crash anymore, and it does remove the unit as intended: however for technical reasons the card is still displayed until you click any other card. I need to look if I can make it behave correctly, otherwise I'll change the ability to something else (can't spend too much time on this)
- the decks in Quick Play are now saved correctly so that you cannot add more cards when you start a new match (like 5 infantry units for example)
- Field Commander ability nerfed (lol, he was TOO POWERFUL!!). Now he gives +1/+1 to all organic cards when comes in play, stop. Also lowered slightly his stats. I think he might still be too powerful haha!

What's New in 1.0.9
- fixed Diana / Kaden romance, now it should progress past the 1st scene
- fixed some typos/weird sentences
- in the Ultimate Battle, the AI starts with Queen Shiler already deployed. Hopefully is more difficult now!

What's New in 1.0.8
- the decks in Quick Play mode are automatically saved after each battle, and should be there even if you quit and restart the game :)
- the Ultimate Challenge mission now has some starting enemies, making it VERY hard (as it should!)

What's New in 1.0.7
- fixed the timer crash issue :oops:
- I forgot to setup the content as DLC for later Steam release: which means that you need to register again the game from the main menu! Sorry about this. People buying the first time won't have to, but those who already have it registered will need to unlock again (so it unlocks also the extra romances "properly")

What's New in 1.0.6
- added Christophe, Galina, Kaden and Lola romances FOR FREE (hopefully more people will buy the game now!)
- added tier 5 cards if you have finished the main game campaign
- you can use the new cards (alongside the older ones of course) in the new quick play mode, in which you can fight 10 predefined battles using any card tier you have unlocked from the main plot (so you need to advance in it, to gain the cards, if you haven't already)
Limaral
Young scout

Re: PSCD 1.0.6 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

Post by Limaral »

That's great! Downloading the beta now, though won't be able to play until tomorrow:(
When will this version be on Steam, though?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

After has been tested here and I'm sure it works, I'll also update the version on Steam.
Daharen89
Young scout

Post by Daharen89 »

hi i have a problem with 1.0.6 i hope you can answer way its happen after i have started the game after some time this comes upp
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 138, in script
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 463, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/script2.rpy", line 491, in execute
File "game/script2.rpy", line 491, in execute
File "game/script2.rpy", line 492, in execute
Exception: A timer must have an action supplied.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Are you going to have the romances as a zero-charge DLC on Steam or just a patch? Might get more notice if it was a free DLC (because then it's listed separately and as a "new release", I think?)?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Troyen wrote:Are you going to have the romances as a zero-charge DLC on Steam or just a patch? Might get more notice if it was a free DLC (because then it's listed separately and as a "new release", I think?)?
I think doing it as free DLC (and there is enough content to justify it) might be a good idea.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes on Steam will do it as free DLC. Here on my site will just be added to the base download :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Sweet, unfortunately I'm working over the weekend, but I'll see how much time I find for this.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD 1.0.7 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

Post by jack1974 »

Cool :)
I just updated it to 1.0.7, the timer crash was a hack I put while testing :lol: now should work.
I also remembered that to have it setup as DLC on Steam I needed to change a few things: in practice now you need to unlock the game again in the main menu, otherwise you won't see the extra romances. Once you have done that, should work as intended! :)
mlj1ame
Young scout

Re: PSCD 1.0.7 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

Post by mlj1ame »

Hi I'm having problems re-registering

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/options.rpy", line 482, in script
  File "game/options.rpy", line 571, in <module>
NameError: name 'success2' is not defined

Not sure if I'm doing this right.  :oops: