character feedback

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
pahldus
Woods ranger

Re: character feedback

Post by pahldus »

For Lambert, I personally would prefer a real mustache as a opposed to the pencil one but not a big thing. He looks good in my opinion otherwise.

For Titus maybe darken the shading along the jawline to give the illusion of some stubble, thus making him not look like a 15 year old boy instead of a 20 year old man. I think how young he looks is the only real concern I saw, and there are really only a couple of ways to fix that, eye wrinkles and facial hair/stubble. Probably doesn't help that the haircut also gives a youthful vibe. Something needs to give him some maturity.

The girls are really gorgeous and I love the scar on Nora's cheek/nose.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, some good suggestions :) In the next days I will do some experiments with artist and post updates in this thread!
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:Thanks, some good suggestions :) In the next days I will do some experiments with artist and post updates in this thread!
New artist? Release the kraken! XD Must see noa! ^_^
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No is not new, it's Undead Lily artist, the one who can do the art more similar to old Loren's artist :)
MissMemorielle
Young scout

Post by MissMemorielle »

Throwing in my two cents I personally liked Titus the best haha - I think Lambert looks cool but I usually look at the characters from either a 'would I want to be this person' or 'would I want to be *with* this person' (in the case of dating sims), and Titus has more of a pretty boy vibe to me. And what can I say, I like being pretty! So ie. in Loren I loved Saren's design haha...

Yet again just my opinion but maybe some more unique colours?
I don't really think he looks that old, especially compared to Lambert who has a mustache, I think it's nice to get someone who is more youthful and/or effeminate so you get the contrast.
But I don't really know the context of the characters haha (still excited about this though! the girls look good, I'm feeling Esmeralda, even though I can't help but to think of the Disney character - whom I love.) I don't know how the other characters are going to be like but maybe some more diversity in race would also be nice.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes maybe I could have Titus be black or something. It's a game based on a human setting so I can't put other races (elves, dwarves, etc) as the starting members. Thanks for the feedback :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I was wondering, what if I went with a more "rough guy" (not sure how to call it) design?
Something similar to Nora, that with her scar looks badass? :)
Here's an example (it's not a character of this game though, just to explain better my idea):
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I love Esmeralda and Lambert, and though I love Nora's scar the two guards are very round face and look much younger than their less combative counterparts. Personally, I'd like if each switched faces and kept the hair (With Esmeralda keeping her make up and Nora her scar of course) it seems to suit the other more.
Zeta123
Young scout

Post by Zeta123 »

I guess I'm the minority here but I like Titus, probably even better than Lambert.(not a fan of the moustache and eyebrows ha ha) I think the girls look nice. And I love your rough guy example picture.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote:I was wondering, what if I went with a more "rough guy" (not sure how to call it) design?
Something similar to Nora, that with her scar looks badass? :)
Here's an example (it's not a character of this game though, just to explain better my idea):
Hallelujah! That facial expression is golden. :mrgreen: