New Comp

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: New Comp

Post by jack1974 »

I got the PS4 and I've been doing "research" playing Until Dawn. Very well made, the kind of game I like (and probably very similar, of course on a MUCH bigger scale, to the games I make).
However I must say that looking at the other PS4 exclusives... there's nothing that I can't get on PC, but at cheaper cost. Of course you need a powerful PC, but my setup is not even very good and I can play GTA V just fine.
I will probably get Persona 5 and the new David Cage game, and then not sure if I'll touch the PS4 again :mrgreen:
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Thanks for the tip, will definitely take a closer look at Until Dawn
>_> Picked up a red "Phantom Pain" version of the PS4, but it's really only being used for a rare few (but -great!) exclusives.

Reasons are simple : I spend 85% of my time on the PC, and ...yeah, playing on the PS4 doesn't help my "Gamerscore" :p (yeah, I'm a Gamerscore/Xbox achievement junkie as well).

Can't find Winterwolves games on any of the consoles, that's another reason
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

It's not really a generation of great exclusives so far. I'm assuming you already have a PS3, so you don't want the "remastered" games.

Persona 5, oh yeah. I just got Playstation TV just so I could play Persona 4 Golden and Dancing All Night. :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I had the PS3 too. I never played The Last of Us though, so might get that one :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yes, that is a game you shouldn't miss out on. The feels!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha my only worry is about the gameplay. I suck at action games and I think (maybe I'm wrong) that this game is also difficult to play? or maybe not?
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

It's not particularly difficult, it's more stealth than action. You can also lower the difficulty, the story is better than the gameplay anyway.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I played a little bit of the The Last of US. The story is alright so far, but as a game, I don't find it all that engaging as it was hyped up to be. I miss the days when Naughty Dog was making Jak & Daxter.

Anyways, in the event that computer doesn't want to work properly, I'll have to get an entirely new machine. What parts should I buy first to ensure everything is compatible with one another? As much as I want something to be able to play current games, I may have to settle for something that won't be hard on my wallet but still have room for the occasional upgrade.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just ordered last of us, since now is quite cheap :)

Regarding computer upgrading: I am not a real expert anymore, but luckily right now there aren't many updates in the CPU. So you should get a MB with Sata3 (makes a BIG difference in speed with SSD) and which can support up to an intel i7. You probably won't even need an intel i7 to play most games though, is better to spend more on a good GPU (Nvidia probably, even if Ati is fine too).
So you could save by buying a MB that can support up to i7, but equipped with an i5 for example.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

What I got was an ASUS MB with SATA 3 ports, an Intel i7 quad core and a Geforce GTX 980 4 GB graphics card.

I think I'm set for a while.