A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Thedefdref
Young scout

Re: A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Post by Thedefdref »

jack1974 wrote:That design doc is not up to date :) He *might* be a vampire but also some other thing... a werewolf, a demon, or something else :wink:
Ah ok :)
HonestlyVitali
Young scout

Post by HonestlyVitali »

jack1974 wrote:That design doc is not up to date :) He *might* be a vampire but also some other thing... a werewolf, a demon, or something else :wink:
I have to admit, I thought he was a vampire when I first saw him. He looks like a N'Mar.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I realise something, now that loren 2 characters are divided in 2 group. Reign of war may be the 1st classic WRPG where a straight male PC can't romance a female human :o ,It's like a revolution :lol:
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Sweet :) .
I feel like if you go with the new group you're going to annoy at least one of your old partners (even if you didn't romance anyone) because you didn't choose to hang with them again :lol: .
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

The 'alignment' column seems like an odd way to phrase it to me (I would think of 'alignment' as more of D&D-style Lawful/Chaotic and Good/Evil, whereas this might be gender and sexual orientation). I would also lean toward writing 'straight' rather than leaving it out as a 'default' (both for reasons of normativity and to account for any non-romanceable characters you may decide to have, as unpopular as the latter decision might be around here).
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

SerTabris wrote:The 'alignment' column seems like an odd way to phrase it to me (I would think of 'alignment' as more of D&D-style Lawful/Chaotic and Good/Evil, whereas this might be gender and sexual orientation). I would also lean toward writing 'straight' rather than leaving it out as a 'default' (both for reasons of normativity and to account for any non-romanceable characters you may decide to have, as unpopular as the latter decision might be around here).
I agree but I think at first that doc wasn't made for us to see and was just for Jack so I guess it's kind of OK :|

and I want to ask about class and spec, what type of system are we going to have

something like
Loren : every characteirs from a same class have a commons skills and uniques skills from the spec + several levels for each skills,

SOTW: everyone has have uniques skill and class is only for equipement, battle rules and usables objects + each skill has only one level,

a mix of the two or something new???
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that doc was just for private/internal use, I posted it to explain better in forums but that's all :mrgreen:
Is too early to talk about the RPG system, though Anima started a discussion about the rules somewhere in the forums :)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

jack1974 wrote:Is too early to talk about the RPG system, though Anima started a discussion about the rules somewhere in the forums :)
Is saying "Is too early to talk about the RPG system, talking about the RPG system? :o :shock: :!: :?:
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Exizel wrote: Loren : every characteirs from a same class have a commons skills and uniques skills from the spec + several levels for each skills,

SOTW: everyone has have uniques skill and class is only for equipement, battle rules and usables objects + each skill has only one level,

a mix of the two or something new???
More or less something completely new but closer to Loren then to SotW. Actually Jack wanted to do skill levels in SotW as well, but the framework proved frustratingly uncooperative.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

so a new version of loren system, ok I look foward to it :)