A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
ill_intent
Young scout

Re: A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Post by ill_intent »

Quick question, if I can....

So far, a great deal of the talk has been about the romance aspects and how it will be simplified due to the fact that there are no genetically modified super-humans helping out. Understandable, but what I am curious about is this:

Has the actual over-all story of what is going to happen in the world (and the war) been affected by this "optimization"?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ill_intent wrote: Has the actual over-all story of what is going to happen in the world (and the war) been affected by this "optimization"?
No that part was always "split into two stories" from beginning. While I cannot say anything yet because of spoilers, there is this first part which is mostly "fight demons" (again, but this time is different...) and this other "reunite the kingdom" (probably kingdom is not the right word lol I can't think of a better one at the moment).
That said the script is still not advanced as I hoped at this point :( writer knows and I've whipped him a lot though! What he wrote, is awesome:
"The Under-Realm has cities, for those who knew where to find them. Murky to any who do not know the gleam to see, the eyes of the demons had long since grown used to them."
"A scent hung in the air, perhaps sulfur, perhaps ash, perhaps simply the scent of demons. To one demon, it had always smelled of home."
"And then she had followed an eternally dead madman. In his service, she had smelled trees. Now the Under-Realm mourned the loss of her former master."
"She mourned the loss of sunlight playing tricks on sprays of water."
problem is that is too few :mrgreen: anyway hopefully next year will be better! is not like I don't have other games to finish in the meanwhile... :lol:
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

iWeasle wrote:
Exizel wrote:I didn't say they were not games. :P
The statement "But roomates is a dating sim" implies that dating sim's aren't games even if it wasn't intentional :P .
What I want to say was that the others game with 2 protagonistes(loren, PS, SOTW) were RPG while roommates is a dating-sim
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Exizel wrote: What I want to say was that the others game with 2 protagonistes(loren, PS, SOTW) were RPG while roommates is a dating-sim
<3
HonestlyVitali
Young scout

Post by HonestlyVitali »

jack1974 wrote:Romance another one, simple :) Another PARALLEL STORY. The 2 stories won't be in temporal order, but happen at same time (this will help not creating too much confusion). Also based on this reasoning, so what if Elenor/Saren died in first Loren (since it's one of the MANY POSSIBLE ENDINGS)? why they're still there? what if Loren died, or Karen? Why they're still there?
Just thought I'd throw in an idea here :) What about this?
One game is the direct sequel. It has the main character you picked in Loren 1 (suggested, but you could pick either one) and it comes with the party members of the first game and continues the story.
The other is played with the other main character (or, I guess, you could also pick the same) BUT it would assume you weren't the hero of Loren 1. You would have existed, and Elenor may have heard legends of Loren and Saren saving the world or Saren as a slave always wanting to meet Elenor the Hero, but just as an average person in the world. You then have your own adventures with the new people and can have a new romance without feeling you are betraying your "one true love".

You then have the option to play both heroes (or just two of the same, a "what if" if you weren't the hero, if you want 8) ), you can definitely keep you romance, if you want to start a new one, you aren't betraying you first love, you can use all the romance CGs you already made, and then you could have a single series (I'm not a fan of the branching time lines idea for Loren, honestly :oops: ). And they could be like two separate halves of the same story, and at the end they could come together.
And for Loren 3, we get EVERYONE JOINING UP! :) Better start now! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

We've already settled the way I described in the thread. The MC must have been present in the first game so there are no plot holes:
Loren: "You remember when we killed Mother Morte? and Fost?"
Non-hero-character: "Uhm I was actually cleaning your ladyship outhouse back at the Citadel during that period" :lol:

It would add potential problem. The solution I found is the best because makes things simpler for the writer (and for me).
"Branching story" has no meaning in this context. You can start a game with Elenor and join the old party in a quest, then when 2nd part the new party in another. Or do the exact same thing with Saren. There's no branching, simply two different main stories. Then for Loren 3 we'll see what to do, but as I said before I don't plan to do "continuing stories" like this anymore, is too much of a pain. New main characters, and hop! much easier :)
HonestlyVitali
Young scout

Post by HonestlyVitali »

jack1974 wrote:The MC must have been present in the first game so there are no plot holes:
Loren: "You remember when we killed Mother Morte? and Fost?"
Non-hero-character: "Uhm I was actually cleaning your ladyship outhouse back at the Citadel during that period" :lol:

It would add potential problem.
Well, if you already decided, then that's okay, but I just thought I'd explain a little further.
But wouldn't Loren only be a party member in one of the game? The one with the older cast? Or is she going to be in both?
Because my suggestion would be have one game the "hero's game" and the other the other main character. So, in playing the non-hero-character's game, Loren would be asking the non-hero and his/her party of new faces like Odurat and Samaras: "You remember when the hero character killed Mother Morte? and Fost?" The main character of the non-hero game would be assumed never to be on that quest.

But again, it's your decision, and you've already decided, it seems. But I just thought I'd offer the idea. It'll be great in any way, Jack! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No Loren will be present in only one, as party member. Differently from the first game, this time Elenor/Saren are the main characters. Indeed is not title "Loren The Amazon Princess 2" but "Reign Of War" :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

How big of a game is this going to be? Small like Seasons of the Wolf or big like the first Loren?
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

Troyen wrote:How big of a game is this going to be? Small like Seasons of the Wolf or big like the first Loren?
:shock: :lol:
I'm pretty sure that SOTW is suppose to be bigger than Loren