Most Disappointing Ending Since Mass Effect 3 (OUTDATED)

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
ShyGuysAreTheBest
Young scout

Re: Most Disappointing Ending Since Mass Effect 3 (SPOILERS)

Post by ShyGuysAreTheBest »

Oh..... I just started playing and Dominic caught my eye since Max is annoying, and Izzy seems too hyper for Anne too. Rakesh, maybe, but Dominic seems so nice and responsible. But I HATE sad endings with a passion. Is his ending still sad? Q.Q
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Most Disappointing Ending Since Mass Effect 3 (SPOILERS)

Post by jack1974 »

No all endings (the best one of course) are happy. Probably I need to change this topic :)
ShyGuysAreTheBest
Young scout

Re: Most Disappointing Ending Since Mass Effect 3 (OUTDATED)

So... he has a happy ending now then? :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Everyone has. Some are hard to get though :)
ShyGuysAreTheBest
Young scout

Sweet. Now if only I could get it. (Even on Easy I can't seem to. :/ ) I'd imagine the trouble is from his stat things taking up the same time slots.
fanfictionaddict13
Young scout

Post by fanfictionaddict13 »

I really liked my Anne/Dominic ending... sure I had to play 4 times to get that ending...
Spoiler:
so... I completed dominics path with Anne at like 4am because if you Stat less then 600 on skills with low grades you eventually break up after Dominic moves away. So I went back and focused only on rational, organization, and grades. So I got 864/999 grades, 326 organization, and 313 rational. This unlocked a super happy ending! So Dominic and I stayed together I got a money making job so he could stay with me and then I proposed and we got married in paris!
JerichoDeath
Young scout

Post by JerichoDeath »

So, yesterday I played through Anne's story with the Anne/Izzy parring, but I didn't know about the 600+ requirement (I don't know if there was any extra requirement). Ended with something like a total of 530 in the stats. The moment I saw that popup that told me about the best ending being 600+ stats, I could just feel my stomach drop. I didn't even get all the way through the epilogue until I reloaded an earlier save in order to manipulate the stat earning. It took 5-6 tries and I had to go all the way back to winter break, but I got it.

I also feel like I should mention that Max annoyed me enough that I would never want to play the game from his perspective.
As odd a sentiment as that might be.
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

JerichoDeath wrote:So, yesterday I played through Anne's story with the Anne/Izzy parring, but I didn't know about the 600+ requirement (I don't know if there was any extra requirement). Ended with something like a total of 530 in the stats. The moment I saw that popup that told me about the best ending being 600+ stats, I could just feel my stomach drop. I didn't even get all the way through the epilogue until I reloaded an earlier save in order to manipulate the stat earning. It took 5-6 tries and I had to go all the way back to winter break, but I got it.

I also feel like I should mention that Max annoyed me enough that I would never want to play the game from his perspective.
As odd a sentiment as that might be.
that happened to me the first time :lol: . I went back to my oldest save, but that wasn't far back enough, so I played through the whole game again immediately before the end of the day (it was already decently far through the day). Nothing keeps me from getting the happiest ending I can :mrgreen: !
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I just gotta say I'm glad you went the direction of 'happy endings for everyone.' In terms of dating sims, where the ultimate purpose is to get your guy/gal, it's just really offputting to 'win'(I did everything right) but still 'lose'(didnt get my guy/gal). I don't think it's fair to compare Mass Effect romances to dating sim romances, because it's not like the entire point of mass effect is to shack up with someone.

So to be clear: totally fine with there being paths of romance failures in games like Planet Stronghold or Loren, but it doesn't make sense in games like Roommates or Nicole.