My games on Android

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
lunanight
Young scout

Re: My games on Android

Post by lunanight »

I noticed that on the games it says buy once, play on any OS. does that mean we dont have to rebuy the game to be able to play it on android? if so how can I get the game to be on my android, I had bought my games with my yahoo account and not with my google.
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

lunanight wrote:I noticed that on the games it says buy once, play on any OS. does that mean we dont have to rebuy the game to be able to play it on android? if so how can I get the game to be on my android, I had bought my games with my yahoo account and not with my google.
Hm, I think "any OS" includes only Mac/PC/Linux. As far as I know Android purchases are separate, but I might be wrong.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, since I don't have all the games on Android (Loren for example) and for the new ones, some months usually passes, so it would be a pain if I write that and then people expect to get immediately each game on Android. Besides there are a lot of issues when installing games on Android and I don't want to have to deal with that too. At least for now :lol:
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

Is there a way to do the 'hover mouse over something' on Android? I think Planet Stronghold could use something like that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No, tooltip doesn't work and indeed is a big problem :(
For the new games I'm changing the design so that there aren't tooltips even in the desktop version. For Loren, which should be able to publish on Android soon (censored of course since I can't publish sexy games on those appstores) I used the "double tap" system. You tap once and the normal tooltip shows up, you tap twice and you execute the action. Works well. Unfortunately PS1 was written in such a old version of the libraries I use that wasn't possible to use the same trick... :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anyone is interested in testing Loren on Android? I think I finished porting it, but I'd like some more testing just to be sure :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

I have a droid phone, what version you looking for?
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I have an android phone. I'm game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Android OS version should be 2.2 and up.
The only thing, is that I don't believe you can play it on a small screen device. I am able to play it on my 10" tablet, and I *think* is fine even on a 7" device, but smaller than that, I don't think is possible :)
OK - I just found out that the beta-testing service of Google Play doesn't prevent the price change (so you'd still have to pay to test!). So I'm just going to email everyone interested a link to download the APK (you must be able to manually install an APK in your device). Faster that way :lol:
RogueWind
Young scout

Post by RogueWind »

Hi there,
I came over from Twitter. I have a 10.1 inch Android Acer Iconia A500. Operating system is Ice Cream Sandwich. Would love to test Loren for you. :-)