camp talk poses pt1

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: Jul Discussion

Post by P_Tigras »

josipa24 wrote:
P_Tigras wrote:
I'm not sure if you consider cats and dogs sentient, I certainly do. They have the ability to feel, to perceive the world around them, and they are conscious. Furthermore I've encountered a few cats and dogs that strike me as more intelligent than some of the people I've known. It's a real pity they can't talk. Nevertheless there is a reason why housecats don't exceed 20lbs or so while dogs can approach 200. It would be highly dangerous to keep a 200lb mountain lion or even a 60lb lynx in one's home. Forget about a 600lb Siberian tiger. Felines have very strong predatory instincts that are still capable of triggering, regardless of how much they love you. Look at what happened to the famed tiger trainer Roy Horne. A demon would be even worse, felines at least don't have an instinct to murder, only to hunt and pounce on things smaller, or lower, than they are. Nevertheless plenty of otherwise sweet housecats figure out the killing part and learn to enjoy supplementing their diet of cat food with the even tastier fresh meat that they catch and kill themselves.
I may have worded that poorly , but I thought my point still got through - that the higher demons would be similar to humans in therms of cognition, self awareness. But I guess it doesn't matter now, my fire for debate has dimmed somewhat during Easter XD. We'll see how Aleema handles stuff :).
In terms of cognition and awareness, certainly. That doesn't mean they wouldn't have powerful demonic instincts that we humans don't share however. Imagine an instinct to murder as strong as the human instinct to mate. I suppose demons could swear off murder the way priests swear off sex, but I expect the overwhelming majority, regardless of their vows, won't be able to resist easy prey any more easily than some priests.
Btw, I forgot to thank you for the lovely mental image of Jul turning into an incubus then impregnating women with demon seed,brrrr. Now there's a tidbit of demon lore I never wanted to know, ever. Unless I scrub my brain in the meantime, I'm gonna be side eying her the whole time when the game comes out. So yeah, thank you soo much :mrgreen:
You're most welcome. :mrgreen:

I had written 3/4 of a reply to your last Chambara post before Easter as well, but then my computer crashed and I lost what I had written up. So my fire for debate has been somewhat dimmed as well.
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by P_Tigras »

Franka wrote:Awww, Jul needs some serious comforting! :kiss:
Is this before or after you unchain her? :wink:
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

P_Tigras wrote:
Franka wrote:Awww, Jul needs some serious comforting! :kiss:
Is this before or after you unchain her? :wink:
Both. ofc :twisted:
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Franka wrote:I'll share my thoughts on Chambara, as I experienced her, but I'm not going to get into a long discussion here, no time for that.

What I got from Chambara was that she is a power hungry, manipulative control freak. Even when she is bested, she still has to make a remark to make it seem like that was actually the outcome she was aiming for. In the few instances where her control slips, she is embarrassed, and if she doesn't immediately regain control, angry.

Chambara's interest in the MC starts off as controlling for the sake of being in control. When Chambara discovers the power that the MC has, she needs to control that power, by further controlling, subjugating even, the MC. She uses the means she has, which are mainly sexual. She probably has a history of using that tactic successfully, but that's pure speculation. If, along the way, she comes to actually care, that is mostly accidental (but interesting, to see what moral dilemmas that can lead to). MC is being strung along, depending on whether you pursue the romance, successfully or not.

As such, the whole dom/sub thing is much more literal here than in a regular relationship, because Chambara has an agenda. This is not (just) for kicks and kinks. It's not a game, it's Chambara gaining control over MC's power through a sex ploy. It's actually very creepy, but then Chambara is just intelligent enough to entice us anyway, because she is good at being genuinely likeable in a smart-alecky way. And the kinks aren't half bad, if you're into that sort of thing.

It will be interesting to see how Chambara treats MC in the sequel if you did not pursue the romance - will she be using other means to gain control, now that sex hasn't worked? After all, her only interest in working with the party seems to be MC.

Anyway, those are my observations and thoughts on the matter, agree or not, that's how I read it. I guess only a couple of people know the real truth. ;) Like I said, I'm very interested to see what happens regarding Chambara, in the sequel.
I agree to a significant degree, especially regarding Saren's relationship with Chambara. He definitely gets strung along. He spends his entire life chasing her, as she repeatedly abandons him and disappears.

The game is written in such a manner that up until the very end you aren't really sure if Chambara genuinely cares about the MC, or if she's simply toying with them like a cat with a mouse. Thus it's very easy to walk away from a relationship with the impression that she's just a selfish b**** who likes to play head games. Nevertheless in the case of Elenor, if you stick with Chambara until the end of the game despite her head games, and read all the text blurbs, I believe it becomes pretty clear that she sincerely does care about Elenor in her own kinky way, and that over time the relationship becomes more equal. That's why I liked the Elenor-Chambara relationship more than the Saren-Chambara relationship.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

P_Tigras wrote:Nevertheless in the case of Elenor, if you stick with Chambara until the end of the game despite her head games, and read all the text blurbs, I believe it becomes pretty clear that she sincerely does care about Elenor in her own kinky way, and that over time the relationship becomes more equal. That's why I liked the Elenor-Chambara relationship more than the Saren-Chambara relationship.
That would be the "in spite of herself" part, which leads to such tasty moral dilemmas. I hope for that to be explored in the sequel, but that would require my head canon to be at least partially true, which remains to be seen.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

speaking of chambara, where is her sketch? im very anxious to see it

and regarding her ending with saren, im sorry if i seem rude but... how the writter could possibly think, that someone would like that ending?? saren does exactly the definition of insanity: "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.".
It takes completely away your control over the character, destroyer completely her romance for me and there is no reason to why she does that or why elenor gets a better ending.
She still one of my favorite character, but that ending is horrible (really really horrible)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well horrible, depends... I don't want to have all "they married, had 10 sons and lived 100 years of joy" endings :lol:
I like many different ending, and some of them can be more dark / unhappy than others. And to be honest Saren wouldn't be the first man to lose his mind for a woman :wink:
(also, a witch!)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Well horrible, depends... I don't want to have all "they married, had 10 sons and lived 100 years of joy" endings :lol:
I like many different ending, and some of them can be more dark / unhappy than others. And to be honest Saren wouldn't be the first man to lose his mind for a woman :wink:
(also, a witch!)
the problem isnt chambara leaving, i really dont mind, since chambara is not my character. the real problem is saren going after her every time, its disconected me from him since i didnt want him to go after her, coundt he just move on it his life?

but luckily i will be able to do that in the sequence
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah well remember that like often happens in games, those "epilogues" weren't written thinking that there would be a sequel, so sometimes they're not "valid" anymore. Like in games with many paths, author doing a sequel has to pick "a canon ending". We'll have to pick one too for Loren since there are many possible different endings. Of course we'll pick one where nobody dies, but there are still 2-3 variants :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ValHallen wrote:speaking of chambara, where is her sketch? im very anxious to see it
There you go. Now I'm only missing Myrth then I've run out of sketches to show :)