Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Yes in the first game I didn't had it, but I plan to have Gallery/Achievements for all the next games :)
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

Just wanted to say that I read the blog, and I absolutely love the 'paper doll' sketches for each race. It's very nice to see how they've been updated and modified with the new artist!
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

I'm really happy with it as well. ^^ I love how you can get an idea of each girl's personality just by their stance/expression alone.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, even if originally I was rather pissed off by previous artist behavior now as you can imagine I'm almost happy that it happened, since the art will be much better 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Deji (the new artist) is starting to work on the main character sprites:
really loving the result so far 8)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Wow she looks so CUTE <3
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

It is so great that Deji is doing the art! I was already waiting eagerly for every new update on this game, but now knowing this... Nyahhh! XD
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Okay, despite me saying I was planning to return to SH2 at the beginning of the New Year - NOW I'm officially back to writing it. XD

Also, not sure if this was mentioned before... Although we still plan to have 12 boys in total (and 12 females in the yuri expansion), due to the having a new artist, all of the art (sprites, etc) is being redone.

So we decided to cut down on the game and only focus on 6 boys for now. (Since that's a lot of sprites already.) Not sure how much I can reveal, so I'll leave any further details to Jack. ^^v
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well in practice the romances will be split in expansions/DLC like:
- 6 boys (a mix of old/new ones)
- 6 girls (a mix of old/new ones)
- 3 male main character option with the above
and so on, depending how long takes to draw each one including the final CG scenes. Sorry if it seems like I'm splitting the game but the reality is that if I had to release it with 12 boys + 12 girls and both male/female playable character, I would have to price it like $60 or more because there's an insane amount of content :lol: So I'd rather try this system so everyone can try a demo of each "pack" and then decide what to buy (once everything is done will also make a all-in-one version).
The gameplay will also be much more complex so will take some time to make, but on every new update I'll also probably add more stuff.
As you can imagine, the previous artist quitting messed up completely the schedule for this game, so I am not really sure myself how will do it but one way or another will finish it :)
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

Aaah, so excited for this!
The new art looks sooo amazing and I'm really interested in the new, more complicated gameplay, can't wait to see how it will turn out. And the best part - sleepykitten is writing it :) (I'm still swooning from romancing Juliet :D).
And dear Maker, there will be 12 girls to romance (including the expansion)! So awesome :).