Boxing manager varients?

Boxing management simulation game
KnockOut
Young scout

Re: Boxing manager varients?

Post by KnockOut »

I like the idea of Gladiator Manager.

The tower of destiny, classes, and powers could be used. You could have mage versus bard. Bard versus Necro. Psion versus Cleric.

You could also use some of the Tower of Destiny Graphics and maybe you could import a Tower of Destiny character!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm indeed isn't a bad idea at all. Share character creation between the two games. You can earn exp points both by dungeon exploration or by arena fighting! or maybe you could learn two different things, unique skills you get only with the arena that you can later use in the rpg game...
Yes definitely a good idea :evil:
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

I just hope we don't read the news one day and see "Game creator dead of work exhaustion". Guess that's what you get for being really there for your customers. :P I don't think too many game developers have the top guy there every day on the forums answering questions for everybody.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, indeed I should take an holiday, a real one! :lol: but for me is fun even just reading forums and brainstorming new ideas, so I guess is fine. I just take things much slower, like with Supernova 2, normally I would have finished the game in 6 months, instead took me 10 :mrgreen: but based from sales and user feedback seems was really a good idea, and Knockout was the one who made the more interesting suggestions for it before I released the game.
Same about your UBM improvments over the past years.

So spending time here discussing stuff actually help my business too, and that's cool 8)
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

THIS IS NOT A PLUG!! I've been trying out an online game called "Duels" which might be worth you checking out Jack. Simply to show you just how BAD the gladiator style games out there are. At first it plays pretty nicely, right up to about level 15. Then you start noticing that everyone who does real well at it is paying money. Now i understand that they have to make money, but making it so that someone who doesn't pay has almost no chance of wining against a paying player seems a touch unfair.
Pros
1. Tokens are used to buy a "pack" which is essentially a grab back of three random items. They are seaprate from gold.
2. Simple easy to use graphics, nothing to download.

Cons.
1. the difference between races is purely graphic.
2. its a slot machine. you have no control over what sort of attacks you make, really it's all about who has the bigger stick vs better armor.
3. Community support is negligable.

Now consider this is one of the better one's out there Jack. Now do you understand WHY we're all drooling at the prospect of a Gladiator Manager??
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wow yes, now I understand... that game has basically no strategy at all, like playing the slot machine indeed :roll:
Sigh I wish I could work on 5 projects at once... :mrgreen: ...right now I can work only on 3! but surely this will be one on the first in my to-do list after Planet Stronghold and Tower of Destiny.