UBM2 Wishlist

Boxing management simulation game
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Not so fast... there's stuff to think about with that. On one hand it would fix the problem of maxing out stats, because after they reached their potential they wouldn't get to fight very often and thus couldn't increase much more. On the other hand, it would make it take forever to take a guy from worst to first under the current system if they can only fight 3-4 times a year. You might have to make it more of a tier system, so that if my guy can beat a top fighter, he becomes a top fighter, and if he's been dominant while lower he gets that chance. That way someone who's won 20 fights without breaking a sweat gets the chance at the bigger names, while a journeyman who's not too hot stays right where he is. Just some thoughts anyway.
jbrock16
Young scout

Post by jbrock16 »

good points random1, but the skills would still improve, since they will have two or three months of pure training between fights. You are right about how long it would take to advance though, i like the sounds of the tier system, good suggestion. :)

how about this idea for amateur boxers,
lets say you take on a young fighter, and instead of him being listed as pro, maybe you can have him fight as amatuer for no cash, until you feel he is ready to turn pro. when he turns pro his fight record would be set to 0-0-0.

also, more random events, so far I have seen annonomous donation, car accident, and split up with fiance, are there anymore?

how about an event where one of your fighters gets caught accepting a bribe to throw a fight. he can have a suspension, like 1 year for the first offense. And you then have the option of firing him with no $penalty. of course this should not be purely random, you would have to tie it to some kind of attribute like "integrity", and then maybe another factor would be morale, so a low intergrity and low moral could make for a good chance the boxer would accept a bribe.
Don't let your bank account determine how richly you live.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So you're suggesting this (if I understood well):
when boxer is young/unexperienced, the game would let you fight as now (about every month or so). Once the boxer become famous (and so the skills have increased too) the game would let you choose max 3-4 fights a year.
Correct? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

jbrock16 wrote:also, more random events, so far I have seen annonomous donation, car accident, and split up with fiance, are there anymore?

how about an event where one of your fighters gets caught accepting a bribe to throw a fight. he can have a suspension, like 1 year for the first offense. And you then have the option of firing him with no $penalty. of course this should not be purely random, you would have to tie it to some kind of attribute like "integrity", and then maybe another factor would be morale, so a low intergrity and low moral could make for a good chance the boxer would accept a bribe.
The other event is if a boxer works hard and gets a short boost of his skills (but this doesn't happen so often).
The bribe thing would be nice, I'll consider it :)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

I like that. I like the amateur idea, although I think I'd rather look at the records and stats that amateurs have to decide who I want, and when I sign them they become a pro.

Or, to make it real fun, you start off as an amateur manager and have to get good enough to become pro... are you seeing endless code yet? :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm need to close the forums... :D
joking, any suggestion is welcome, then for the implementation, well...!
Steve Bruce
Young scout

Post by Steve Bruce »

What about merchandising your boxer?

Eg Posters, T-shirts, Video games etc etc etc
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that part is already present even if really simplified in the finances screen, when you get money from advertising.
I need to add more possibilities to the boxer marketing ;)
Steve Bruce
Young scout

Post by Steve Bruce »

What about the sinister side of boxing.

match fixing etc
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that would be interesting :) first I want to finish the "normal" rules that are missing (limit to numbers of fights for top ranked boxers, etc), then I'll add also those.