jbrock16
Young scout

UBM2 Wishlist

Post by jbrock16 »

Lets, Start and offical UBM2 Wishlist.

Things I would like to see

Weight class change.
---the ability to bulk up or slim down to fight in other classes

ability to edit minor things like names, nationality, nicknames, and outfit colors, not the ability to edit skills, skin color, and potential.

in the rankings have an arrow to indicate which boxers have moved up or down, and what was there previous ranking.

purse cut negotiating between managers based on negotiating skill and the ranking of the two boxers.

Fight options:
--ability to determine # of rnds, 3 knockdown rule, saved by the bell or not.

during fight & or between rounds, the ability to throw in the towel

more options of fight strategy. example counterpunch

more types of personalities, currently we only have normal, rigid, aggressive, and crazy (by the way is crazy a good or bad thing? :D )

Title belts on the 3d picture of your champions

Title history for all titles to include the pc boxers

online matchups, leagues etc.

Ok, thats all i got for now, feel free to add :D
Don't let your bank account determine how richly you live.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

You forgot reflexive. :)

It does show ranking pretty well with green and red if you look at it in your managing.

I like most of your ideas, although I think online would be a tough thing to do. How many people are actually playing this game I wonder?

Of course I'd like to see difficulty settings available so you can have more or less stars as a manager.

Obviously better search but I know that's already being worked on.
jbrock16
Young scout

Post by jbrock16 »

I wasn't very clear on the ranking, so i can see why you would post about the rank changings, my bad :wink:
what i meant was the ability to see all the opponents rank changings, not my boxers, you are right, in the manage screen it shows the changes for our boxers very well.

about the online, i know that one is a stretch, but you have to admit it would be fun to out manage a live person instead of the cpu.

you are very right about the search. for me the most important thing I look for is age, I don't like to take on boxers over 30. another thing i hope is fixed is the amount of fights that are assigned to the free agents,
i once signed a 17or 16 yr old (can't remember for sure) and he had about 35 fights already! not impossible but highly improbable. I would prefer to take a boxer with no fight experience, train him up about a yr before his first bought and then start assigning fights. of course you need to have a healthy stable of good boxers to carry the new guy thru that first yr, since he won't make you any cash while not fighting.
Don't let your bank account determine how richly you live.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hi, some good suggestions indeed.
The possibility to show the "actual trend" of the boxer directly in the ranking screen is really cool (I wonder why I didn't think about it before). should be easy to add.
Changing weight and so the category will be a bit more difficult and will require some more testing, but is feasible too.
The editor will be also implemented, but not soon: I am evaluating if to write a custom editor or re-use the USM2 editor/database system since it will be very powerful and adaptable also to other sports.

Online would rule, I agree. But not real-time. A cool idea could be the possibility to play matches by email or in any case not simultaneously.
How it would work: a web interface where you could challenge the opponent boxer, agree a date (real world date) and do the fight. Then you would be able to download the fight data on pc and re-play it (to see what happened).
The problem is that you wouldn't be able to change strategy between rounds, that's true.
I'm considering what could be the best method if I decide to add this feature...
Steve Bruce
Young scout

Post by Steve Bruce »

First of all it is a good game and very addictive.

Anyway, here's my wish list.

1) Scouting new talent. It would be nice if you could visit gyms up and down the country to find the next Lewis or Tyson.

2) Negotiate tv/Box office deals

3) Negotiate merchandise deals for your boxer

4) Have more AI in the game. More promotors and have to negotiate with other promotors.

5) Be able to organise fights with your own stable. Eg I had 3 fighters in the heavyweight division in the top 3 ranks. I couldn't organise a fight without having to go to 4th in the world.

6) Have upturn and downturns in the industry. Eg at the moment heavyweight boxing is at it's lowest point in many years and very few people buy the ppvs anymore.

7) Have a league for promotors eg Don King is the number 1 promotor in the world. Frank Warren is around 3rd or 4th.

8) More interaction with your boxer, eg if boxer is injured, visit him and make sure he is ok. Or if the boxer underperforms in the ring, you can ask him what happened. If he had a great fight, you could praise him.

9)When Boxers retire, they shouldn't show up in the search list again and they should be forgotten about unless they publicly announce that they intend to return to boxing. There ratings should be down as they wouldn't have trained as much.

10) There are amatuers in real life, why not have scouts watching amatuers and if some one is impressing, try to sign him on pro terms. eg Audley Harrison or Amir Khan who signed for Frank Warren.

I think you have done a great job so far, you have a basis of a good game here but as every game, it isn't perfect.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hi,
thanks for the suggestions. I know that the game has lot of room for improvements, and I'm trying to do this, adding some new features on each update :)
I like the idea of adding more realism in the human relationships between the manager and the boxer! is really a great idea that would add a lot of realism to the game. I'll consider it for sure in further updates, as well as other suggestions (scounting new talent for example).
Yes retired players are still in the search because I thought about old glories wanting to fight again, but maybe would be more correct to remove them from the list, and maybe after some months announce their return (like George Foreman!).
Steve Bruce
Young scout

Post by Steve Bruce »

jack1974 wrote:Hi,
thanks for the suggestions. I know that the game has lot of room for improvements, and I'm trying to do this, adding some new features on each update :)
I like the idea of adding more realism in the human relationships between the manager and the boxer! is really a great idea that would add a lot of realism to the game. I'll consider it for sure in further updates, as well as other suggestions (scounting new talent for example).
Yes retired players are still in the search because I thought about old glories wanting to fight again, but maybe would be more correct to remove them from the list, and maybe after some months announce their return (like George Foreman!).
Yes I think that would be better. As it is now, I lost a big money heavyweight as he retired, then I went to the search screen and rehired him straight away. It takes away from the realism.

How often do you update this game?
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Almost daily right now cuz of how much we've talked to him lol.

Hmmm sounds like I have a guy to rehire in a few months, I won't be ashamed to do it hehe.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I try to update it as frequently as I can. Obviously sometimes is a minor update (like bugfixes) other times is a big one (like when I added 3d boxers with OpenGL display).
It depends also if I am not releasing other games, but in general I would say one update every 1-2 months minimum.
In the .net domain I upload the latest beta version usually, so people like jbrock16 and Random1 can test it and give their impressions on last modification (before I put it live on main site).
I hope to update the search screen by the end of this month since I almost finiished the Magic Stones update... 8)
mastro
Young scout

jack rules!

Post by mastro »

Just want to say that jack is a great guy, because he listen for real to people (customers or not) requests and always try to fix problems or add wanted features.
That's why I want to support it (I own all his games). With commercial games surely you get better quality, but they never listen to your requests (not talking about the fact that often commercial games have much more bugs than those small shareware!).

Thumbs up! :)