Stuff I've seen recently

Boxing management simulation game
KnockOut
Young scout

Post by KnockOut »

Maybe there could be some sort of amateur system. You could sign someone from the amateurs and move them up to pros. Of course, the olympic gold medalists, etc would always be signed right away but you would always be able to scour through the amateur ranks.

And while I'm spouting out ideas, how about multiple titles per weight class?

And to borrow an idea from WMMA, how about an excitement stat in addition to a charisma stat. Charisma affects how much people want to see the fight, excitement is if they got their moneys worth.

A uncharismatic fighter could be helped by a charismatic manager.

An exciting fighter would throw lots of power punches and come forward a lot. So basically, an aggressive fighter. A manger could try to make a fighter more exciting too. If a fighter is winning the fight on the jab, the manager could encourage the fighter to throw more power shots.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Yeah... I've got an idea for the rankings and stuff that would be awesome if it could be implemented... but we gotta let him finish his other games so he can make some money. Two sanctioning bodies would be good as well, I'm agreed on that.

Don't miss my previous post! It might blend in there but it's important!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There are boxer personalities, however they're not implemented completely in the game... in the boxer biography screen you see under personality various possibilities like: crazy, rigid, aggressive, etc.
But the effects are very limited (aggressive indeed attacks more the opponent, but isn't so evident in the game playing it).
I probably should revise those personalities, maybe adding "charismatic" one (if isn't there already, don't remember right now) and make the effects much more visible in the game :)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Yep, you missed it. Go up 4 posts. :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Random1 wrote: Ultimately I guess we would need for every new boxer 16-18 to be automatically in the bottom 10-15 of the rankings so they'd have to fight their way up, and we'd need to force the other managers to sign guys who are older to keep the balance reasonable for everyone.
Yes, I've read that, will do it on next update 8)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

*bounce**bounce**bounce**bounce**bounce**bounce**bounce**bounce**bounce**bounce*

Let me know when you're going to do it, I have a couple specifics that should be easy to implement.