Progress Report

A supernatural-themed dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/lovebites.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Progress Report

Post by jack1974 »

I think with Rebecca's art and Miakoda's writing, this game has some sort of "seal of quality" already :lol:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Just another minor progress report. I am wrapping up the last batch of coding for what is written until now.

Only 5 more dialogues are needed to polish off all of Viktor's routes. I will get at least 1/2 of the next NPC's routes finished this month (and possibly the full thing). I am in good shape to finish all the romance stuff by the end of Dec.

Also, another artist has started work on some gift images/icons, and they are turning out pretty good.
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

jack1974 wrote:I think with Rebecca's art and Miakoda's writing, this game has some sort of "seal of quality" already :lol:
Yeah! I enjoyed Miakoda's work on PSCD. It has a very Mass Effect feel to it, in the way you jive with your companions and their witty banter. Out of topic, but it looks like the new up-coming Mass Effect Andromeda will have the same setup as PSCD, where you choose to play a sibling from a sister-brother pair, and the other sibling (that you did not choose) will be part of your party and fight alongside you. There will also be a lot of romances, of course. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Rebly82 wrote:Out of topic, but it looks like the new up-coming Mass Effect Andromeda will have the same setup as PSCD, where you choose to play a sibling from a sister-brother pair, and the other sibling (that you did not choose) will be part of your party and fight alongside you. There will also be a lot of romances, of course. :)
HA!!! Bioware stole my idea!!! :wink:
Obviously I'm looking forward to that game as player 8)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

One more minor update, but a bit more significant than normal. Tomorrow, I will finish Viktor's last romance dialogue, and with it, I would say the writing is 40% done.

I also have 1/3 of Brandon's jealousy dialogues finished. This means it wasn't just an alternative line on Kaitlyn's jealousy dialogues.

Finally, the gift icons/art has been finished, and I think they turned out pretty good. We may show some of it in a later art update.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Another minor update. Viktor's dialogues are finished. All the jealousy dialogues (both Kaitlyn and Brandon) are finished. I also have started coding what is finished up to this point.

As Jack1974 posted on Twitter, the biggest part of the GUI is done, but he is holding it back for spoiler purposes.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, of course when the game is close to release will post stuff, but for now I want to wait a bit :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

More news, today I'll start "formatting" all the images (they need to be done in a specific way, separating facial expressions, some arm poses etc) in preparation for the scripting. Of course the full story is not ready, but we're going to start scripting the various routes as they get done to save time :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Not that anyone needs constant progress reports, but I'm half done with the Sabrina-Kaitlyn romance dialogues. I feel confident I will finish them this weekend. There is no doubt in my mind I will finish all of Sabrina's stuff this month with time left over for the next NPC.
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Color me impressed. I don't know how you write such great stuff so quickly. It takes me forever when I write stories, and I am terrible at writing dialogue.