Feedback

Visual Novel / Simulation game set in a zombie apocalypse setting
SadieAM
Young scout

Feedback

Post by SadieAM » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:57 pm

An awesome, promising game. I'm glad it was decided to make a game with darker/horror themes. Makes a nice change and is perfect for any zombie lover. I’ve just finished the demo, and am considering purchasing the full game but have some concerns. This includes:

– The text font. Especially for the tutorials, it was quite offputting.
– The combat. I personally am not fond of it so skipped it, but if others enjoy it then no worries. I’m glad there is a feature to through like it was a visual novel. I was quite fond of the turn-based combat in Seasons Of The Wolf.
– Dialog. I feel it’s lacking, not from the characters you interact with, by all means the character designs and backstories are great. But the player’s dialog is bland and rather boring.
-Character’s expression. I do find this art style to be interesting, but I think there was more expressions drawn. Such as smiles, frowns etc. Maybe blood stains if they are wounded?
- Progression. Some sort of progression bar on your relationships with the characters would be helpful. Especially if you wish to romance with one of them :oops:

By all means though, I don't want to sound negative so here are the pros.

- Artstyle. Very interesting. Kinda comic styled. It's a nice change :)
- Characters. A great set of characters (or the ones I've seen so far) I especially am interested in what will happen to one of the characters, due to their racist view. It raises moral questions whether or not it is good to keep him around or not. Overall, awesome back stories, character designs and motives.
- British slang. You got it down to the nail XD Good job.
- The theme. Survival, horror, zombies. A+. You do feel the threat of low supplies or possible attacks. That your choices make the difference.

I’m not sure if the game will continue to get updated or not, but I just wanted to give my feedback. That said, I do enjoy the game and other games made by winterwolves. I look forward to future games being made.

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Feedback

Post by jack1974 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 am

Glad you liked the game. It's my first published game so was unsure about the reception, but I liked the pitch so I wanted to try. Based on feedback/stats so far, looks like I was right :)
Regarding the art, I tried a while ago comic art in another title (Vera Blanc) which was horror as well, but the game wasn't popular enough to warranty more episodes. The main problem though was probably the writing done by myself :oops:
We will continue to update the game if we find more bugs/problems, but as content, it's finished. We're thinking about doing more games in same setting though :) but there's nothing "official" yet.

SadieAM
Young scout

Post by SadieAM » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:53 pm

That is great to hear! I was certain others would love this game :D and I'm glad you tried this art style, it makes a refreshing change and suits the mood of the game if you ask me.
Looking forward to seeing more of this art style and theme. As well as other games made by you guys x3 <3

MaxNight
Young scout

Post by MaxNight » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:12 pm

Hello, I have a bit of a problem, I am using Windows 7 and when try to launch the demo, I get infinite splash screen
also for some reason it wont let me remove the fonts when I un-instal it.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:45 am

For the infinite splashscreen you can try this solution:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3668&start=10#p34256
about the font I think because the file was still open (probably because of the infinite splashscreen bug) so once you restart your computer you should be able to delete it.

proekaan
Young scout

Post by proekaan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:38 pm

I almost bought the game,but good thing I tried the demo first,since I was surprised that the game doesn't allow windowed mode at all.
I usually play these games in windowed mode due to eyefinity, but in this case the game spreads over to 3 monitors with no option to change it.

I tried forcing windowed mode via dxwnd, but so far with poor results...can't seem to force a specific resolution.

I do hope we get a patch allowing windowed mode soon so I could buy it. :)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:32 am

Depending how the game does in the next month, I've been considering "porting" it to Ren'Py, adding some simple RPG combat (not a full RPG otherwise price should be $20-25). If that happens then all the issues will be gone :)

kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:08 am

I didn't realize this was episodic. I thought for sure I was close to the end, and then I got "next time" screen. Ditto on great characters but meh dialogue. It went slow and seemed to repeat itself in the same scene several times. It also seemed randomly triggered so some things never got brought up at camp but that may be I'm dissapointed that I never got my romance with Lucy.

I liked the artwork and some of the plotlines. Its actually a great game,just needs some fine tuning.