Dead But Alive 1.0g beta - Added Mike and Carl romance!

Visual Novel / Simulation game set in a zombie apocalypse setting
jack1974
Pack leader

Dead But Alive 1.0g beta - Added Mike and Carl romance!

Post by jack1974 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Buy the game here: http://winterwolves.com/deadbutalive_so ... ngland.htm

Version 1.0g is up with Mike and Carl romances! You can get it two ways:
1) PATCH FILE ONLY: if you have already previous version installed, just download this patch file to update it:
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... _1_0_g.exe (150mb)
it has been made using Patchmaker, a freeware patching program.
2) FULL DOWNLOAD: if you haven't the previous version installed, the full download is here:
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... E-1.0g.exe

What´s new:
- Added Mike and Carl romance
- Fix: There was a special event when you had a romance with Jenny where Alex would talk to you. This event now only comes up if Alex is in your team.

pyla88
Young scout

Re: Dead But Alive 1.0g beta - Added Mike and Carl romance!

Post by pyla88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:40 am

Oh cool! Is the game finished?

(the beta/buying thing is new to me)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:01 am

Yes, in practice if no big issues are found this will become the final release :)

Eric137
Young scout

Post by Eric137 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Can't seem to work this game, I double click the icon, then the game logo (with the zombie hands) appears in the middle of the screen, loads for a bit then stops responding and has to close. Can't see a progress bar on the logo in the center of the screen and it goes over the top of all other windows. I've tried uninstalling anti-adware software, turning off Windows Defending realtime protection, running a clear windows boot and running the game as administrator. Task Manager says it's background process, which uses a bit of CPU and memory then stops using any CPU. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

pyla88
Young scout

Post by pyla88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:35 pm

I hope this is nothing, but Carl's [talk to] button is bolded in black but when I click on it, his picture and icons just twitch for a little bit and nothing happens. If this is blocking off dialogue (which I think it is) that's a bummer b/c I wanted to romance him x(

highcliffe
Young scout

Post by highcliffe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:03 pm

pyla88 wrote:I hope this is nothing, but Carl's [talk to] button is bolded in black but when I click on it, his picture and icons just twitch for a little bit and nothing happens. If this is blocking off dialogue (which I think it is) that's a bummer b/c I wanted to romance him x(
Hi,

can you send the savegame where the talk to button is twitching to info@winterwolves.com ? Thank you!

It does not effect the possibility to romance Carl in any case. The romance events are triggered (will come up) independently from the "Talk to" option. In any case I will check if you´re missing out a dialogue or if the button should just be greyed out and/or what the twitching means.

vonpenguin
Young scout

Post by vonpenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:31 am

Eric137 wrote:Can't seem to work this game, I double click the icon, then the game logo (with the zombie hands) appears in the middle of the screen, loads for a bit then stops responding and has to close. Can't see a progress bar on the logo in the center of the screen and it goes over the top of all other windows. I've tried uninstalling anti-adware software, turning off Windows Defending realtime protection, running a clear windows boot and running the game as administrator. Task Manager says it's background process, which uses a bit of CPU and memory then stops using any CPU. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
I am having an identical issue. Did we do something wrong on installation?

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 am

Hmm if was a corrupted download (which sometimes can happen) I believe you shouldn't be able to install the game. Anyway the right size for the installer should be: 386.805.704 byte (you can see that number right clicking on the exe and choosing properties).

vonpenguin
Young scout

Post by vonpenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Ok, it looks like it downloaded the installer correctly in that case. I have no idea what the issue could be. Thank you for the response.

highcliffe
Young scout

Post by highcliffe » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:42 pm

I think it´s the same problem espurr had in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3658 , unfortunately he didn´t knew what he did, but then it worked.