Dead But Alive 1.0g beta - Added Mike and Carl romance!

Visual Novel / Simulation game set in a zombie apocalypse setting
Grodul
Young scout

Re: Dead But Alive 1.0g beta - Added Mike and Carl romance!

Post by Grodul » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 pm

I have played the newest version of the game a few times now, and somehow I keep having this uncomfortably nagging feeling that there are times when sentences lack the end point. I cannot point HighCliffe to specific parts but I'd like to ask the developer to go (or to ask someone else to go) through the lines of the game and look for missing points.

There is one thing I can point Cliff to. At the start of the game when player comes to the "How do you want to play this game" part, Steve continues to move his mouth. Can this be fixed?
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."

bobstarky320
Young scout

Post by bobstarky320 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:52 am

Is this game going to be available on steam anytime soon?

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:45 am

Yes probably next month. Anyway, when you buy direct you'll also get a free Steam key :)

yurai_khan
Young scout

Post by yurai_khan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Eric137 wrote:Can't seem to work this game, I double click the icon, then the game logo (with the zombie hands) appears in the middle of the screen, loads for a bit then stops responding and has to close. Can't see a progress bar on the logo in the center of the screen and it goes over the top of all other windows. I've tried uninstalling anti-adware software, turning off Windows Defending realtime protection, running a clear windows boot and running the game as administrator. Task Manager says it's background process, which uses a bit of CPU and memory then stops using any CPU. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
I have the exact same problem. People say it might randomly fix itself but I haven't seen it happen yet. I tried to start the game a couple of times, then restarted the computer and tried a couple more times but it still gets stuck on the pop-up "loading" screen. Does anyone have a general idea why this might be happening?

yurai_khan
Young scout

Post by yurai_khan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Ok, I found a way to run the game but this is kinda.... interesting.

As it seems "Adobe CEF Helper" and "Skype" is preventing the game from running... Why? I don't know.
I found this out when I right clicked the game on Task Manager>Details. There is an option to "Analyze Wait Chain". It first showed as the game waiting for Adobe CEF Helper. I right clicked and terminated that. Nothing happened. I checked "Analyze Wait Chain" again, this time it showed "Skype", so I terminated that too. And only than the game started loading and opened.

And the game crashed every time I try to quit... maybe because Adobe CEF Helper re-actives itself and blocks the game again. I don't know.

I personally don't care about Adobe Helper, but being forced to close Skype is a bit bothersome.

I hope this helps.

Hoa_Binh
Young scout

Post by Hoa_Binh » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:44 am

Was going to try the demo but I have the same problem, it just won't start. Logo comes up but no progress bar, game installed fine and I've tried running it with AV off and turned off most of my other programs. No dice.

Hoa_Binh
Young scout

Post by Hoa_Binh » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:04 pm

Oh, found mine. Tried the analyze wait chain thing and it was waiting for setpoint, the Logitech mouse thingie. Turning that off fixed my problem.

kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Sneaky Jack! Just found it for sale, I had no idea it was already out.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:54 pm

I wanted to announce it today, but was waiting for a better time to do it, when US is awake too :)

jay_clark
Young scout

Post by jay_clark » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Eric137 wrote:Can't seem to work this game, I double click the icon, then the game logo (with the zombie hands) appears in the middle of the screen, loads for a bit then stops responding and has to close. Can't see a progress bar on the logo in the center of the screen and it goes over the top of all other windows. I've tried uninstalling anti-adware software, turning off Windows Defending realtime protection, running a clear windows boot and running the game as administrator. Task Manager says it's background process, which uses a bit of CPU and memory then stops using any CPU. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
I get this issue all the time and here is the way I fix it. Go to C:\Users\"yournamehere"\Documents\DeadButAlive_SouthernEngland and find the file GeneralData.str. Rename it or delete it and then the program opens up as usual. You have to re-register the game everytime but at least you can play it.