extra male romances poll!

Visual Novel / Simulation game set in a zombie apocalypse setting

help us pick 2 male romances for the planned free update later!

Steve
13%
Tom
24%
Carl
28%
Mike
35%

Total votes: 232

jack1974
Pack leader

extra male romances poll!

Post by jack1974 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:16 pm

As already said, we'll make an update later with 2 more male romances, and you can help us decide who to pick. Before doing the update we'll wait until the game is out of beta, to get word out and more votes. So it will be like an extra update, after the game is already released. But it will be free.
Here are some description on what might happen with romancing each of the 4 candidates:

Steve
Steve is a real bad boy in private too. There are rumors he keeps some leather clothes and handcuffs hidden away in his tent. Do you want to tie him up?

Tom
The apocalypse hasn’t been treating Tom well. Beneath his tough attitude, there is a man in need of some affection. Maybe you should pay him a visit next time he goes to chop wood outside of camp?

Carl
Carl usually keeps to himself, probably as a result of the hard life he’s lived. Do you want to brighten up his mood and warm him in your sleeping bag?

Mike
Mike’s life has been difficult lately and he could use some attention and support. His military training has gifted him with a very impressive physique. Would you like to invite him for a lap around the pool at the house Jenny found just recently?

Rebly82
Woods ranger

Re: extra male romances poll!

Post by Rebly82 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Since it's a little quiet in here, I just wanted to say that I voted for Tom and Mike. They are two of the most handsome men (amongst the lot) to boot, and come with the right assortment of romantic personality that I'd like to discover. :)

highcliffe
Young scout

Post by highcliffe » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:46 pm

I don´t want to influence the vote. But I can tell you that Steve is really disappointed! ;)

thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:42 am

I forgot what they look like but I went by descriptions alone:

And I guess since this is a survival setting, I'll have to be ruthless when it comes to picking my partner. :twisted:

Steve - Dude who likes BSDM/bondage? YES. In a zombie post-apocalyptic setting? Eeeeh, way too dangerous to tie people up when you could get attacked at ANY moment.

Unless... there's a chance you can leave Steve tied up to use as Zombie bait as you make your escape. :twisted:

Tom
If he chops firewood that means he makes a campfire and a campfire = cooking. So yes, I'd like someone who can cook. 8)

Carl
He sounds like a sad puppy, I guess I could share body warmth with him.

Mike
Depends, would he be strong enough to give me attention and support as well? :wink: (I DO have a daughter to take care of, too!)

highcliffe
Young scout

Post by highcliffe » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:39 pm

I liked that! Thank you for sharing.

Yglika
Young scout

Post by Yglika » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:31 pm

To be honest for me the genderless approach is quite a bit let down. :-( It means the world does not truly recognize you (and coders/writers took the easy/lazy way). But I'll try the demo for the moral choices. Unfortunately zombies are not my best cup of tea either so this will be probably just that from my side. Looking up for other games from ww though. ;-)

highcliffe
Young scout

Post by highcliffe » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:59 am

Yglika wrote:To be honest for me the genderless approach is quite a bit let down. :-( It means the world does not truly recognize you (and coders/writers took the easy/lazy way). But I'll try the demo for the moral choices. Unfortunately zombies are not my best cup of tea either so this will be probably just that from my side. Looking up for other games from ww though. ;-)
Okay. We think it´s a cool feature. It was even more difficult writing the texts though, than to add a gender choice screen and simply replace him/her depending on gender. The simple idea was that you can be whoever you want to be. Only your imagination determines your gender, your personal history or whether you prefer romances to women, men or both.

kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Its hard to make these choices before meeting them straight out. The only one I met in the demo was Steve, and I cant imagine anyone romancing him. One of the few times in a companion based game I wanted one of my companions to meet a tragic end. So anyone but Steve?

Ryocchi
Young scout

Post by Ryocchi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm also not so hot on the genderless approach, sometimes if you're not super careful it turns impersonal instead of inclusive, so it could backfire that in the end instead of including people of every gender it could alienate a big chunk of the audience and making it hard for the player to connect with the mc.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:49 am

Closing the poll now, Mike and Carl won :)
If you want to keep talking about the genderless thing you can start another thread or post in the game thread, thanks.