Dead But Alive 1.0d - beta

Visual Novel / Simulation game set in a zombie apocalypse setting
highcliffe
Young scout

Re: Dead But Alive 1.0d - beta

Post by highcliffe » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:09 am

pizzaboxes wrote:Hi, I just finished the beta. I had a good time. I think there are some good suggestions here. I don't have much to add, but I noticed these "bugs":
-The last fight was very laggy, and so it was very difficult to tell how fast the slot machine wheels were really spinning.
Okay. Do you got a savegame where this always happens so I can reproduce the problem?
pizzaboxes wrote: -I had the feeling that many times the character approval was not working. There are moments when I really pissed off Steve and he still remain "best friends" with me. I was very nice to Lucy--she even opened up about her backstory to me--but her approval of me never improved. When I played the game the second time, I noticed the first decisions (where I noticed gaining Caroline's approval and losing Steve's approval, and vice versa) didn't have any change. Many times when I loaded a save over, something that had an approval change would not apply one any more.
I am not sure if I understand exactly what you mean.

In the game there are some decisions who ALWAYS reduce or improve your relationship to group members. Usually this is when you´re acting very bad or very nice. Then there are some decisions who sometimes (randomly) reduce or improve your relationship. This are choices where you´re acting only "somewhat" bad or nice. So if you play the game twice, at some points the relationship might stay the same, where on the previous game it had an effect.

This does NOT relate to the fact that the important story decisions are remembered by the group members and the game plays out differently in the end.

Or did you mean that you encountered a bug where on the character screen the relationship rating stays the same although you got a message that your relationship improves or decreases?
pizzaboxes wrote: -Once on the map an error message popped up, but the game continued with no problem (applied changes to supplies after a delay when I returned to camp).
Okay, do you still remember what the error message said?

Thank you for the feedback. That´s a big thank you to everyone of course.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:24 am

About the game not starting, an user on twitter had same issue. He uninstalled Avira, and the game worked. The CRAZY thing is that he then rebooted the PC, reinstalled Avira, and the game worked! :shock:
So well... maybe try disabling/temporarily uninstalling, or rebooting the PC maybe. It's a sort of mystery :)

ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:05 pm

highcliffe wrote:
ValHallen wrote:Tried to reinstall and it didnt work, I think I should just drop this game because it doesnt work :(
Sorry to hear it still isn´t working out. What version of Windows are you using? Can you tell me what other programs you´ve got running in the background? Skype? Adobe cloud?
Windows 7 64 bits.
Utorrent and McAfee.

ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:06 pm

jack1974 wrote:About the game not starting, an user on twitter had same issue. He uninstalled Avira, and the game worked. The CRAZY thing is that he then rebooted the PC, reinstalled Avira, and the game worked! :shock:
So well... maybe try disabling/temporarily uninstalling, or rebooting the PC maybe. It's a sort of mystery :)
My McAfee is paid, I cant uninstall it.

pizzaboxes
Young scout

Post by pizzaboxes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:17 pm

highcliffe,
I sent a PM to you with the save files. Also, I mentioned in the PM two other bugs that I forgot about yesterday. One involves Carl's character page having the "Talk To" clickable even though clicking it does not trigger a conversation (he has nothing to say). The other involves Jenny's character image during a certain conversations magically changing to a generic female survivor image (I've included a save in one of the conversations where it happens).

Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:31 am

Mike's second "talk to" has Eric sprite instead of Mike's.

highcliffe
Young scout

Post by highcliffe » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:52 pm

ValHallen wrote:
highcliffe wrote:
ValHallen wrote:Tried to reinstall and it didnt work, I think I should just drop this game because it doesnt work :(
Sorry to hear it still isn´t working out. What version of Windows are you using? Can you tell me what other programs you´ve got running in the background? Skype? Adobe cloud?
Windows 7 64 bits.
Utorrent and McAfee.
Well, the original test setup was Windows 7 and with McAfee running with full settings on, which worked fine. However what you could try is to disable "Real-time scanning" at McAfee and try again. You could also try to disable McAfee from those programs who start automatically when the PC is turned on. You could also try to start the game directly from the harddisk (usually installed to c:\Program Files\Winter Wolves\Dead But Alive! South England).

Thank you for the 2 other reports. Will fix it asap.

highcliffe
Young scout

Post by highcliffe » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:36 pm

@ValHallen: Are you using a PC with 2 displays?

ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Nope.

Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:37 pm

More notices.

Sometimes during the battle vending machine I see a single cap without multiplication values. Does this mean a "trap", a symbol I'm supposed to stay away from. Does it mean that the total numeric value is multiplied by 1?

After a certain succesful exploration to the zombie-infested wilderness I noticed that the closing entry about it was missing a bit of text according to the image below:
Can this be adjusted?

At one point during my gameplay Renate suddenly started talking to me about the group's food situation. She had a suggestion for making it better, but it needed 30 action points and 40 (or something) materials. I didn't have them at that moment but very soon afterwards I did. However, I couldn't tell her that "Hey, I got the stuff you were missing. Do your magic." Can feature such as this be added? Or was the event simply one of those sudden and random encounters at the camp?
Last edited by Grodul on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."