Cursed Lands version 0.8.9

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.6.6

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks a lot :)
Also, I am updating it again because I found out by mistake I ended the game like if was a demo! :lol: so there's more content to see. In practice you should be able to do the first full moon mission and get back to Grimoire. In previous version the game would end where demo ended :mrgreen:
Luckily with itch.io system the update only lasted 2 minutes!
Akar Dorn
Young scout

Post by Akar Dorn »

Feedback#2
Spoiler:
First of all, I like this trend where your games become darker. Yes, I checked "decline" option after invading N'Mar. Somehow I knew what will happen after that but this route was good and even seemed realistic in any case. I must admit it's nicely done.

Now typos
Spoiler:
A little one during Dasyra quest. Judge says:
But as a servant of justice and a servant of the law, I will sure that this is made right You are of course, free to leave, but I suggest that you remain in Hammerhand until it is complete.
Dot is missing, as you see.
Spoiler:
Not sure if this is a typo but I really didn't understand this phrase. Or may be it's just my dislexia. :oops:
When you arrange group meeting* Nuala says:
Oh, Leena, you are back already? Is the person you are meeting with before Karen?
Spoiler:
Library in castle N'Mar, characters can't decipher text in books. Leena says:
Sadly, it's being my capability to decipher this.
May be "beyond'?
Spoiler:
Kusho kills you:
The others don't need to know. But honestly? after you left such in a hurry, without telling anyone, I don't think they'll miss you.
Capital Letter I Guess
Bugs
Spoiler:
Once at Party Management menu (world map) main character disappeared entirely. When I clicked continue to return to world map game crashed:
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 312, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 568, in HealParty
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'reset'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 312, in script
��g����H�� |ה(Aͺ�膢f��ݑV5S5Ӯu��P�ZAD��E͔�Z��h�]�SX2�ʐ/�sU�r+�%o���^���D�[ٵ~\�*��D�\�Vv����ku�iEu� ap���kH�Qݕm��
File "C:\Users\Al\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands pre-order\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Al\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands pre-order\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 312, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 568, in HealParty
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'reset'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Spoiler:
World map:

Day 24
Next Full Moon: 6 days

Day 25
Next Full Moon: 35 days

Game itself worked properly but this catched my eyes.
Spoiler:
Black screen:
Image "cg jasperbout sunset" not found
It happens when you first time left dock on a rowboat. After dialog about loving the sea (or Jasper)* CG appears.

*I wasn't able to check whole Jasper route because I somehow decide that meeting with team will speed up the game and invading N'Mar will start right after that. So I did it 4 days before an actual date. My bad, sorry :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Glad you liked my little "an offer you can't refuse" scene. I wrote that myself so isn't edited yet but is simple so perhaps it's OK :)

Thanks for the typos and the bugs, I know how to fix them all except the crashing one :( you didn't have a save before that happens? Whenever you encounter a crash situation the best would be to rollback (if it allows you) and then save the game. This way when you send me the save I can immediately debug and fix it :) thanks
Akar Dorn
Young scout

Post by Akar Dorn »

Sorry, but it seems I don't have those saves. Guess I overwright them. Sorry, my bad :oops:

P.S. Just noticed something. In my previous feedback I mentioned that some dialogs lost boxes with characters names. You fixed it but one with
You're wrong. But you have a pretty face...
has to be said by Leena, while fixed box containes name of protagonist. Check it, please.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK. I just assumed was spoken by MC since seemed unlikely Leena would say that so early :lol:
I'll try to reproduce the bug you mentioned as well, maybe someone else will stumble in it too.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.6.7

Post by jack1974 »

Just updated it, the only bug I wasn't able to reproduce it's the crashing one :( I tried but I can't seem to remain without anyone in party (that is the main issue that caused it). I hope it was rare/very hard to stumble into it at least.
Mika Ninja
Young scout

Post by Mika Ninja »

Hello! I noticed that at a certain point in the game, when your team is fighting on a ship, the game randomly crashes when I select an enemy. :( Sometimes, I can rollback and everything is fine, then other times the game closes and pulls out an error message on Notepad. I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else before, but I wanted to point this out.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Could you please post the message you get here ? that would be helpful for me to debug :)
Also if you have a save just before that battle when the crash occurs would be great if you could send it to me for even faster debugging!
Mika Ninja
Young scout

Post by Mika Ninja »

Sorry about the wait! Here's the error I received:
Spoiler:
It happens randomly during the first few fights against the undead on Senya's ship.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1442, in <module>
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/enviroment.rpy", line 802, in getActions
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/character.rpy", line 740, in getAction
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 287, in execute
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 289, in execute
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 315, in execute
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 316, in execute
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 324, in execute
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/enviroment.rpy", line 716, in predictDamage
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/skills.rpy", line 661, in predict
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/skills.rpy", line 354, in hit
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/skills.rpy", line 409, in hurt
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 855, in script call
  File "game/plot/pirates.rpyc", line 448, in script call
    �ù+Ghp�Lp���I
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 1438, in script
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1442, in <module>
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/enviroment.rpy", line 802, in getActions
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/character.rpy", line 740, in getAction
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\exports.py", line 2612, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\display\core.py", line 2553, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\display\core.py", line 2821, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\display\core.py", line 495, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\display\core.py", line 495, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\display\screen.py", line 401, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\display\core.py", line 2821, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\display\screen.py", line 411, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\cursed-lands-full\renpy\display\screen.py", line 580, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 289, in execute
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 315, in execute
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 316, in execute
  File "game/RPG framework/rpg_combat.rpy", line 324, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 324, in <module>
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/enviroment.rpy", line 716, in predictDamage
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/skills.rpy", line 661, in predict
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/skills.rpy", line 354, in hit
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/skills.rpy", line 409, in hurt
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I think the reason is that an enemy has defense to zero, that shouldn't be possible. Going to check :)
If you have a savegame though would be better, since could be hard to reproduce here!